Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake pipe

Russd4d

Toyota avensis 04 plate d4d diesel. this is the brake pipe on rear nearside. as you can see it is leaking, where does this pipe go does anyone know as i am reluctant to get under the car with just a trolley jack.

I need a repair, any info anyone.

IMG_20180209_164010.jpg

IMG_20180209_164053.jpg

Anyone know if this pipe is going from front to back or to a block mid way down the car, i cannot find any diagrams to show me.

Thanks

AFAIK all rear hard pipes run from the flexi connectors back to the engine compartment. On Toyotas where I've replaced pipes there is a splitter/compensator block bolted to the bulkhead.  You only have two options. 

1 - cut the pipe (and reflare) beyond the rot and replace with short length of new brake pipe. Not really a DIY option as the tool to reflare the hard metal pipes isn't cheap. 

2 - replace the full length of pipe. This is a DIY option but only if you're  competent/experienced. 

As the pipe is leaking, you must get it repaired immediately - it's dangerous. 

The car is off the road at the moment. No way would i use it like it is; bu thanks for your input.

• 5 years later...

exactly the same problem with the rusted elbow before connecting to the rear brake hose.  Mine caused a brake failure.  I've replaced the OS rear with copper pipe, it was a pig of a job especially as it was not on a ramp.  The biggest problem with the job is the clips, which seems to be designed to not release the pipe and seem to be one way.   You'll need to unbolt the fuel tank guard, support for fuel tank and then unbolt the fuel tank retaining bar.  The pipe joins a block left centre just before the engine compartment.  Its a right pain to get to, ideally to get better access you may want to remove some of the suspension components.  it take about 3.5 meters of pipe and including the flarring and end nuts cost me £29. On testing the new pipe, the other side went in the same place so you may want to consider doing the other side whilst you have the tools out

You don't have to replace the full length of pipe, just piece in the corroded part.

You can cut this pipe from both sides and use a rubber 0ne on it with 2 clamps. Do with the rubber half a round and put 2 clamps on both sides Use rubber that can hold brake fluid it's an Easy repair.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links