Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to delete audio presets?

BigRedSwitch

My "new" (to me) car has the Touch 2 with Go head unit.  I'm setting up the audio presets but I'm stuck and the manual doesn't help.  How do I delete existing audio presets?

You don’t need to delete. Select the preset you want to use, go to tuning and find your station, back to the main display and touch and hold the preset. That’s where the station will end up.

Ah, but there are only two stations I listen to.  I want to remove the previous owners favourites.

I can't be explaining myself clearly enough.  When I select the "Favourites" screen I just want to see two stations listed as numbers 1 and 2; numbers 3,4,5,6 are to be blank.  At present, there are stations assigned to nos 3,4,5,6 and I want these cleared. How do I achieve that?

I think I see what you are asking. Quite simply you can’t remove the presets, you can only put your own choice in them. Why don’t you put one of your stations on 1,2 & 3 and the other on 4,5 & 6. Or maybe put your two stations on 1 & 2, and ignore what is on the others and don’t touch them.

• Like 1

Would disconnecting the Battery for a few minutes remove the presets?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would disconnecting the battery for a few minutes remove the presets?

I would think unlikely, as they are probably part of the radio hardware. 

I would try with disconnecting the Battery as mentioned above.  Does not hurt to try.

In the setup menu the is a "delete personal information" option this clears the Radio settings, bluetooth & phone books

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

I would think unlikely, as they are probably part of the radio hardware. 

I have never known a stereo that retains preset memory after a Battery has been disconnected. Stereos have two power connections, one permanent for memory settings, and the second for when the stereo is in use. 
To be sure of clearing the memory, the Battery should disconnected for about 30 seconds or more.
Also there should be a reset to factory buried somewhere within the menu. If the unit is playing up, a reset can help.  
I agree that the manual is not clear or explains the functions properly.

Edited by Konrad C
Additional words

12 hours ago, BigRedSwitch said:

Thanks Devon, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Well, some success - the DAB presets were cleared but the AM and FM were not!  I'll ask the dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links