Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Wheel Bearing

Psyched

Hi,

I suspect the front wheel bearings of my 07 Aygo need replacing as it’s been making quite a deep rumble at high speeds which continues when out of gear.

Removing everything and getting a proper look at the bearings is a bit beyond my expertise so is there any other tell-tale signs of old wheel bearings? I’m reluctant to take it into a garage for replacement if I’m not 100% sure I know what the issue is.

I replaced the bearing on the front of my daughters Aygo...just bought a second hand Hub complete and swapped it over, that way no garaged involved 👍🏻

I done the job about 6 years ago when the used parts were newer on eBay but if you can find low mileage parts you should be ok and I use the Peugeot 107 parts as the same as the Aygo .

I've just had the  front drivers side wheel bearing replaced,  it was making a right old whinny droning noise above about 45mph though for the last week you could hear it from 30mph. I did notice that turning even slightly left the noise went away and returning when the steering was straight ahead. 

Also had to get both droplinks and suspension arms replaced due to the rubber bushes deteriorating  (MOT advisory last May)  and a fresh set of disks and pads.

So it was an expensive day however did enjoy the silence when driving home :laugh:

70,000  of relatively trouble free miles

Up untill now its only been:
 A slight water leek at 2 weeks old cured by Toyota fitting additional door seals
 At 4 years a new headlight due to condensation and a new passenger door lock due to the key hole springy protection flap, it stopped springing back into position. 

And of course the usual service items along with now the 2nd change of disk+pads and 8 tyres. Will be due 2 tyres soon and still on the original exhaust although it did get a hanger welded back on (near the drivers side rear wheel) around 2 and a half years ago as it fell of due to rust.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links