Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering column cover

Grandprix

Looking to remove cover but no screws to be seen turn steering wheel 1/4 turn each direction there is a small  square hole each side but can't feel anythink inside thanks for any help Auris hybrid 2012

What year/generation Auris do you have, as your topic says 2012 and your profile 2013. Is it a 2012/13 first generation or a 2012/13 second generation?

NB:the second generation went on sale December 2012.

Moved to the Auris club.

So it is a first generation early 2012 Auris.

The 2 little holes you can see are to release the top half from the bottom half. So if you gently push a small screwdriver into the hole it helps to release a clip. Do this on each side and the halves will start to come apart. Then some gentle squeezing and they will come apart. 

Why are you wanting to remove the covers ?

Great thanks for that the stalks have movement when you hold cover left/right and horn is intermittent

Yes I'm not doing it my self but wanted to no how it came of to avoid breaking anythink inside covers

I had the same intermittent horn problem....I`ve checked everything from the horn itself behind the bumper, its earth, the cable etc, with no improvement ....so I wanted to check the horn push in the steering wheel and the cables to it, inside the steering cowl. All I discovered was how to remove and refit the cowl.

But after searching on line i found that the horn push/airbag is held in by a clip mechanism....on the front of the steering wheel  is 2 small holes left and right side. Where I was expecting to see a torx screw I saw 2 parallel metal strips. To remove the horn I`m told to insert a small flat screw driver between the parallel metal on each side and twist to release the horn. I never got as far as removing the horn push, as after fiddling with a screwdriver in the holes, the horn worked 100% and even sounded clearer...not the usual pathetic squeak. I`ve probably improved the earth continuity 

• Haha 1

It seems mine is the same if I tap the horn push pad it works for a while then goes of again just stuck as to how to get in to it there 2 small square looking hole on the shroud behind the steering wheel but cant see or feel anythink in there