Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris ride quality?

PumpkinSteve

For owners of the new Yaris: has the ride quality improved at all? I had two mk2 Yari(?) and found them very comfortable. At the weekend I was supposed to be buying a 2015 Icon, but the ride was so bumpy I changed my mind. I'd love to go back to a Yaris.

Did the Icon have larger wheels/lower profile tyres than the two Yaris you've had?

No, all of them had 15" alloys. I currently have a mk2 Jazz with 15" alloys, and it's like a magic carpet in comparison. Oddly enough the Jazz gets slated for having a hard ride.

The Mk3 generally has a rep for having a harder ride than the Mk1 and Mk2; Toyota were trying to improve the handling and lessen the body roll that was a 'feature' of the Mk1 and Mk2 (Mainly because they are quite tall for their width!) and they mainly did it by stiffening the suspension.

I don't know if they've made any changes in more recent post-facelift variants tho'.

We have a 2014 Hybrid with 195/50R16 tyres and the ride quality is fine.  No complaints at all.

Mick.

• Like 1

I have the new face-lift yaris hybrid and have also driven the Fiesta, polo and corsa and wouldn't say the yaris rides much worse than the corsa or fiesta but is harder than the polo. The yaris has less roll and better steering than the polo though 

The 2014 facelift included suspension revisions.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The 2014 facelift included suspension revisions.

That explains it then.

Thanks.

Mine has 16"/2015 version. No complaints here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links