Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

request for adjusting idle speed/ raising the revs from 500-700 rpm

Robyn blackburn

I own a 2006 facelift model 2.0l rav4 xt4  (petrol and manual) and it idles around 500-600 rpm, sometimes it nearly stalls out, so im wandering how i can adjust the throttle/ rpm speed.

I am also going to be doing some troubleshooting for why the car seems to be low on power and struggles to go up 14% inclines unless in 2nd gear. ( i have cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner and does seem to to be a little better but what else could be the problem? is it just a crappy gearing problem or is there something worse than that as its no fun or fuel efficient going up a 3 mile incline in Matlock  Derbyshire in second gear. 

so my real question is 

what can be done to sort both segments out?

and before someone says buy a new clutch I already have and its done about 5k miles already. about 1k of them off road and the rest on road

thanks in advance

p.s while i am on the subject of fixing and modifying, has anyone bought those lifting spacers off eBay from Russia?, what does it look like with the spacers? are they any good and how easy are they to fit?

Idle rpm is controlled by the engine ECU, and is not adjustable.  When you correct the reason for the lack of power, I expect the idle rpm will get back to normal. 

One possibility is that the catalytic converter is partially blocked, choking the exhaust.

Another is a problem with one or more valves.  Get a compression test done to eliminate or confirm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links