Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Hybrid ODO reading reset to zero after clock change

Jim45

Warranty work, regardless of manufacturer, isn't usually supported by paperwork supplied to the customer - the audit trail is between the dealer and the manufacturer.

I do know that, so a more meaningful description on the digital record may provide a prospective purchaser some concrete evidence that the mileage on the car was started back at zero. The more information you have when selling the better. 

Why not just ask the dealer for written confirmation of the change/zeroing of the odometer.

IMHO there's a fair bit of unnecessary worrying here.  The car has a new odo reading, Toyota know about it, the owner knows about it, it's documented on some paperwork etc - what's the big deal?  Ok the service record mileage probably won't make sense at first glance, but when I had my Toyota serviced by the main dealer I got a printout of the service including mileage.  Simply showing a prospective buyer the evidence that the car had travelled, say, 5k miles on the old odo and 5k miles on the new odo, would be more than enough to satisfy them.  And it'll be easy to declare the actual mileage by adding the two - it's not as if the OP is trying to pass the car off at it's lower miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links