Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto up & down function on all power windows

Kled

I searched for it on the manual but could not found any reference to it. I would appreciate if someone could explain me what it is and how does it works?

A long press (and release) of the button makes the window go all the way up or down. 

• Like 2

The button has two positions. First click, the window stops when the button is released. Second click, the windows closes or opens fully.

Also if the Battery has been disconnected, the auto power windows don't work. The switch has to be held to get the windows all the way up or down. The usual fix to regain auto windows, is to hold the switch down until the window reaches the bottom, then keep holding the switch for a few seconds. The lift the switch and hold a few seconds after the window has fully closed. Then the auto window open or close should work, with a simple press and release.
When I owned my previous '98 Avensis Mk1, only the drivers door had auto while the other three switches were manual only. My current Avensis has all auto.

• Like 1

If all the windows are completely close before removing Battery terminal, you won't need to reset the windows module. :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links