Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Miles

AYGOSTU

My commute has been 65 miles per day, each way for years.. Our office is changing to a new location and my round trip will now be 150 miles per day.

I took my last Aygo to 105k in just under 3 years..  I am not sure what the highest mileage Aygo is.. But I am going to try and shoot for the record :) Im thinking 200k+ will be good bragging rights :)

Today I phoned up and paid off my service plan (so no more monthly payments) and I am all covered until 90k miles (currently at 25k)

Don't forget to get in touch with Toyota and see if you can get one of their stickers when you hit 150,000 miles.

39 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

Don't forget to get in touch with Toyota and see if you can get one of their stickers when you hit 150,000 miles.

what sticker? I will definitely look into that :)

AH I found something on it

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/high-mile-club

Could you please give us your feedback on the reliability of your Aygos?

I drive a lot as well, and I am tired of being told that I am crazy to have such a small car. I find it good enough. On the highway, the Aygo is extremely economical.

You must drive mostly on the highway? In these conditions, you should be able to keep your car a very long time. On my daily commute, I drive 20 miles without changing gear.

Zuh, the AYGO has been the most reliable car I have ever owned, and I have been doing roughly 30k miles per year mostly highway for years. In the many miles I have done I have only ever had an exhaust rot out.. people also told me I was crazy to use a small car for big miles.. I dont know what these people base their facts on.. but there are a lot of people out there that think you need a big car/ engine if your commuting. Weird.. 

i love the AYGO and think it takes the miles very well :) I fact better than a lot of bigger cars as consumable parts are cheaper.. and servicing is not as expensive as bigger cars.

On 14/02/2018 at 3:46 PM, zuh said:

Could you please give us your feedback on the reliability of your Aygos?

I drive a lot as well, and I am tired of being told that I am crazy to have such a small car. I find it good enough. On the highway, the Aygo is extremely economical.

You must drive mostly on the highway? In these conditions, you should be able to keep your car a very long time. On my daily commute, I drive 20 miles without changing gear.

Had my 107 (which is essentially the Aygo with different badges) from new since 2010. It's done 75,000 miles, and I've driven it from as far east as Oban in Scotland to as far west as Budapest. It's fine on the highways/motorway, although it may be a little noisey. I'm also 6ft 3, and after a long drive in it I'm never tired.

And I regularly used to commute 60/70 miles a day in it. 

Reliability wise it's never, absolutely never, let me down.

• 1 month later...

Daughter in law ownes a Aygo 08 sinds last november 2017 that has 330.000km on the clock and its drinking oil and the Cat is gone now.
3 weeks back we bought a 2013 engine + gearbox complete with all ancillaries and driveshafts with 57.000km on it.
we are going to build in completely we only going to use the orginal 08 engine loom.
the speedometer was turned back in october 2012 :roll:
it has now 196.000 km on the clock ( + whats turned back about 130.000km)

last picture where ready and its running

003.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

035.jpg

On 2/16/2018 at 2:15 PM, mickburkesnr said:

... and I've driven it from as far east as Oban in Scotland to as far west as Budapest. ..

Going via NY, Washington and Beijing.. quite the commute! :-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, hubrad said:

Going via NY, Washington and Beijing.. quite the commute! :-D

Didn't you know that these cars make fantastic boats? :P

Compass reading isn't my strong point!

• Like 1