Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota warranty - MOT test cover

delbois

When I read the Toyota warranty T&C's I was surprised to see that it included cover for mot failure parts such as bulbs and brake discs. When I handed my car into the main dealer today I mentioned the cover but the service receptionist had never heard of it! Is it widely known/invoked?

Thanks FB....it will be the extended warranty - your link nicely describes the MOT cover, incl the £10 'excess'. The main dealer must regularly test vehicles with extended warranties, which is why I was surprised the service receptionist had no knowledge of the cover 😕

When we had a 1994 Honda Concerto from new, we topped up the two year new car warranty with a Honda two year extended warranty, which included two years AA cover.

The car failed the first MOT on suspension bushes, which we had replaced for £10 under the MOT cover. Otherwise would have cost £130 (1997 prices).

Interestingly when I dropped the car off for the Mot only one headlight was working but got a call to say it had passed with no defects. When I asked them to recheck the headlight they said it comes on if you "give it a bump" and offered to replace the bulb. I said to go ahead as a headlight that comes on and off with bumps is not ideal. The bulb (£26) is not covered under the Mot test warranty as the extended cover doesn't kick in until the Toyota factory warranty expires when the car is 5 yrs old. Not a big deal as long as the headlight is fixed 💡