Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 4 Fuse Location

Harters

I noticed the LED bulb I put in my rear dome light was flickering tonight and when I took the cover off I noticed it wasn't seated properly.  I had to fiddle a bit with the bulb when I first fitted due to it being a little bit too long.  I fitted it back in then realised some of the LEDs were not working so I went to put in the original bulb but it took a bit of an effort to fit as the holder was now a bit loose and in the process I have blown the fuse.

Looking in the manual they show 3 locations for fuses, but helpfully don't say which ones are located where or their physical size or load.

Does anyone know which location I need to be looking at and what type of fuse they are?  

Thanks

Funny enough I changed my rear dome light in my gen 4 recently and managed to blow the fuse in the process. I can confirm in the RHD style the fuse box for the dome is located on the passenger side with a small section of trim in the foot-well underneath the glove box that needs to be removed.

You should then see a small fuse box on the left with a small removable door. The dome fuse is the 3rd one down on the LHS and rated at 7.5A.

The style is a flush fit mini blade fuse although the normal mini blade fuses do fit but the door can't be replaced.

I've attached a quick photo for comparison as I still had them to hand along with the front cover of the passenger fuse box door which lists the fuses ratings and locations.

Mini_FlushFit2.jpg

PassengerFuseBoxDoor.jpg

• Like 1

Many thanks for the detailed reply and photos. 

I thought I was going to have to hire a contortionist to get access to them :biggrin:

I have never seen such a tiny fuse before and have just ordered one. I may have one of the other type somewhere which I could use temporarily. 

Msny thanks again!

You're welcome - I had trouble myself and found information lacking :cool:

I found this super helpful when trying to explain what fuse I needed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I found this super helpful when trying to explain what fuse I needed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive)

Thank you very much.  I'm amazed there are fuses even smaller than the ones in the Prius!