Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS and paintwork

Cran37

I’m really gutted. I have a 2012 IQ and the ABS has gone which is going to cost best part of £1000 to repair. Only done 37000 miles-has anyone else experienced this?

also 2 weeks ago some of my paintwork started peeling off. As there is no sign of rust Toyota won’t help with this. Estimated cost from a third party is £700. 

Looks like I’m going to scrap the car sadly although Toyota have agreed to part ex it for another vehicle but obviously at a low trade in. What would you do? 

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

What colour is your IQ? There have been some issues with the white, which Toyota have helped some owners with on a goodwill basis.

However, the offer of any goodwill may depend on whether the car has a full Toyota service history.

Moved to the IQ club.

Thanks it is white. Toyota today have agreed to repair this. Think I might get rid of it though in case another bit goes!

What is actually wrong with the ABS?

Hello, I have just bought an IQ so may not be qualified to offer advice.

i was watching a Wheeler Dealers last night where by a cars abs pump had failed, Mike Brewer took it to a company who refurbished it for about £200. (Edit vw corrado)

On a personal note I have a low mileage 2007 BMW 325td and last year the abs pump packed up, my local Indy took it off and had it refurbished , all in it cost £500 instead of the £2000 BMW wanted, my point being a failed abs pump is not all doom and gloom but it is pretty close!

Thanks. I have bitten the bullet and had it repaired by Toyota!

They are going to totally respray my car in a couple of weeks so at least I’ll have peace of mind about the bodywork. I am quite impressed that they have taken responsibility for this without any hassle. 

Enjoy your iq they really are a lot of fun.

Pauline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cran37 said:

They are going to totally respray my car in a couple of weeks so at least I’ll have peace of mind about the bodywork. I am quite impressed that they have taken responsibility for this without any hassle. 

Without doubt Toyota are 1 of the volume car manufacturers best at standing behind their warranty.

• 2 months later...

We have had a white, 2012 IQ3 1.33 auto from new. It has only done 21k miles and has been trouble free. But the paint started to peel off the roof. Our local dealer (Toyota Bristol South) referred it to Toyota in October 17. It was eventually sanctioned and went in early January. We were provided with a Yaris hybrid for over three weeks (my daughter loved that so much she bought a new one) and it has come back looking like a new car, with new outside trim and badges (they left the old stuff in the car). 

So Toyota honoured their warranty / commitment to this customer, and got an order for a new Yaris soon after. Is it any surprise they are one of the biggest car makers in the world?

The Yaris was as quite as a lamb to drive and averaged 60 mpg over the time with us - not bad eh.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links