Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting at HDD behind the sat nav panel - Gen3 2010

Catlover

If I was to get at the hard drive behind the infoentertainment centre (Gen3 2010 Prius) I need to remove some trim - if I remember correctly a youtube video shows removing the trim surrounding the "ger stick" and the trim around the info centre.  Any one done it or know if its an easy job, or am I likely to break any fixing tabs on the trim as it is removed.???

Noooo!  A company does a hard drive with the latest maps already on - I would need to fit it, but not happy at the thought of removing the plastic trim. There is a video on You Tube but the guy already has released the trim, he just lifts them out of the way. Looks like replacing the hard drive is straight forward, its the plastic trim removal that could be problomatic to me.

Found these on youtube if they're any good:

Removes trim with a credit card (shaky camera but gives you the gist of it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvAXJKXSrxk

and this guy uses his fingers to remove the trim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWZpaOXcex8

• Like 1

Excellent Keith, my search of YTube did not throw them up. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Joe I've got a 2010 Prius with the HDD nav system and it's a pretty simple job to remove the unit and replace the HDD. I seem to remember pulling the trim around the gear selector up which came loose, and can be loosened from the sides of the floating console, also removing the trim around the power button and also the main bezel around the nav unit. You'll also need a socket to remove retaining bolts holding in the unit and also to unplug the unit and various connectors from the rear of the nav unit.

Mike

• Like 1

Forgot to ask, who is the company who provides the update? I remember seeing an eBay listing from someone providing HDD map and CDDB database updates.

Mike.

Thanks Michael, I guess its the level of confidence to start stripping the pieces without actually breaking the locating tabs.