Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window wind deflectors

Jonmartin

I’m thinking of fitting wind deflectors to my car. Anyone know where I can get some, preferably not on line, which are the best ones. And are they worth it ?

Couldn't point you to a specific make..but I can say I like having mine.

But it is a JDM imported vehicle and they seem to come as standard on just about everything.

It is good to be able to open the window to some degree without the usual level of wind noise and wind rush.

3 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Couldn't point you to a specific make..but I can say I like having mine.

But it is a JDM imported vehicle and they seem to come as standard on just about everything.

It is good to be able to open the window to some degree without the usual level of wind noise and wind rush.

Good to know. 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Jonmartin said:

I’m thinking of fitting wind deflectors to my car. Anyone know where I can get some, preferably not on line, which are the best ones. And are they worth it ?

Online will almost certainly get you the best price. Don't have an Auris but from my experience with multiple Avensis estates:

The genuine Toyota ones imo are the best but also the trickiest to fit &  the most expensive (especially if you really only want fronts & not bothered about rears as well). Looking at the Auris front windows the difference between genuine Toyota & 3rd party may be less than on the Avensis.

My "new" car has Climairs fitted to the fronts only - but only because I lucked into a pair on Amazon for £15 otherwise it probably would have been Hekos as the Climairs are usually a lot dearer.

Are they worth it? That's subjective based upon what you buy/pay, your ability to pay that & what you expect from them ... I like being able to sit with the front windows cracked just open for ventilation (ignition/engine off) but not have rain dripping onto the window ledges.

2 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Online will almost certainly get you the best price. Don't have an Auris but from my experience with multiple Avensis estates:

The genuine Toyota ones imo are the best but also the trickiest to fit &  the most expensive (especially if you really only want fronts & not bothered about rears as well). Looking at the Auris front windows the difference between genuine Toyota & 3rd party may be less than on the Avensis.

My "new" car has Climairs fitted to the fronts only - but only because I lucked into a pair on Amazon for £15 otherwise it probably would have been Hekos as the Climairs are usually a lot dearer.

Are they worth it? That's subjective based upon what you buy/pay, your ability to pay that & what you expect from them ... I like being able to sit with the front windows cracked just open for ventilation (ignition/engine off) but not have rain dripping onto the window ledges.

Thanks. I will investigate.

you have a hybrid (to save money on petrol?)

you want to fit wind deflectors ( that will  cost you petrol because of increased drag?)

interesting

41 minutes ago, older but wiser? said:

you have a hybrid (to save money on petrol?)

you want to fit wind deflectors ( that will  cost you petrol because of increased drag?)

interesting

Any increased fuel consumption will probably be negligible - same as having mudflaps, etc fitted.

Driving with a window partly open without wind deflectors, will increase fuel consumption, whereas wind deflectors will help to counter this.

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Any increased fuel consumption will probably be negligible - same as having mudflaps, etc fitted.

Driving with a window partly open without wind deflectors, will increase fuel consumption, whereas wind deflectors will help to counter this.

I hadn’t considered any fuel increase. Interesting.

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Agree...so negligible that it's probably not worth wasting thoughts over.

For me, the benefits of having them outweigh any possible (debatable) negatives.

Well I’ve got a pair of deflectors. That was a mistake. The drivers side fitted with no problem. But, the passenger side was another problem all together. The anti- trap was having none of it. With the deflector in place, the window goes up and straight back down again. With a bit of fiddling it started to work okay......until.....the s##t really hit the fan. The window started to operate when it felt like it, sometimes it closed and opened okay, then it would stop half way, never to move again, until the car was turned off and restarted. Then it would work properly for a while, only to start ‘playing up’ after a couple of goes.

So I eventually got it to close and left well alone for a few hours, I then tried the ‘reset procedure’ open it completely and hold the button in the open position for 5 seconds, and then repeat on the close position.

That appears to have worked as I’ve had no more problems with it, it opens and close as normal.

But the deflectors are back in their box, never to see the light of day again.

You live and learn.

Best deflectors I found (I had them on several cars) are in channel ones made by Team HEKO.
They come with a few peaces of double sided tape and the metal clips, but I usually add more ds tape and never had to use metal clips. Never had any problems with them. Very good to have some fresh air when it is raining without getting water inside. Search eBay for them, around 35 for a full set.
G3 you got, look like HEKO, did you use the clips? sometimes they get in a way, try to use more DS tape and not clips.

44 minutes ago, SponsorUK said:

Best deflectors I found (I had them on several cars) are in channel ones made by Team HEKO.
They come with a few peaces of double sided tape and the metal clips, but I usually add more ds tape and never had to use metal clips. Never had any problems with them. Very good to have some fresh air when it is raining without getting water inside. Search ebay for them, around 35 for a full set.
G3 you got, look like HEKO, did you use the clips? sometimes they get in a way, try to use more DS tape and not clips.

Tried with and without clips. As I said earlier, driver side no problem. Passenger side is the problem. 

I can't believe how expensive a few centimetres of plastic are!