Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Smart Insurance repairs to a high standard?

Jolly English Gentleman

Over the weekend I had someone scrape the corner of my Prius (which I have only have had for 6 weeks) as they were pulling out of a car parking space. Although they did not stop, a witness stepped forward and gave the registration No. After contacting the police, I have established that the other driver is fortunately insured. 

However after using the local repairer approved by my insurer previously , it was necessary to take the car back owing to a poor quality job and get them to do it again. Therefore I am considering other options.I took out Toyota Smart Insurance and would like to ask for any reviews on their workmanship. Whilst this means that the other driver will not face any consequence if they do a good job it is a more attractive option.

As I also had supaguard which has been scraped off, I am keen to ensure that I obtain the best quality repair so that it can be reverted to how it looks here in the reviews by the previous driver. Therefore I am wondering whether to get the dealer's bodyshop to repair it and meet what ever cost my insurer may not meet due to a Toyota Main dealer not being an approved repairer.

car damage.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links