Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another iQ Gone

On the 14th Feb we had to let our iQ go, a sad day. It went in part-ex for a, dare I say it on here, Ford. In October last year I was unlucky enough to lose my Uncle. As a consequence I was rather gobsmacked to receive a nice sum in inheritance, hence the newer car, a 65 reg Fiesta. We picked this up on 14th Feb, and we left poor old Goffy -my wife's name for it- at the Ford dealers. The car is a cracker, but nowhere near as good on fuel. I am building up the Avg consumption though, so far from 39 mpg to 44.3. Early days, the Avg MPG changes a lot slower than the iQ's.

I want to say thanks to everyone on here for comments and so on over the years. To Dave -Tarquin- for his wizardry with fitting a better dome light, a rear load area and foot-well lights along with DRL's and blue LED's to our iQ. Then there is 'Peter The Dentist' over in Holland, a very nice bloke too. Also, now in the 'For Sale' section are our Winter Yokohama's and a spare steel wheel with an Ecopia part-worn tyre fitted/balanced.

I could not find a decent enough iQ in our area and did not want to have to travel to Kent on a train -hate the da mn things. The best one I found was a Burnt Orange example from 'Automatic Cars' based in Welling. So, I have returned to the Ford fold once again. All the best to everyone, and thanks to anyone I had communications with -John (parts) from Wrexham, and Frostyballs.

Our Zetec Eco-Boost 1.0 in white. 5a8c82197ea30_FiestaZetecEco-Boost.jpg.d0a56999adb42bd0338bbae0cdb6081f.jpg

Best wishes for the future, Bob, and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the Fiesta.

Oh no!

As long as it was the right choice for you Bob, that's what counts. Best of luck and I hope the Fiesta tries to live up to the iQ ;)

23 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Best wishes for the future, Bob, and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the Fiesta.

Cheers Mike. Yes, already loving the softer suspension, well, lets say less harsh over the bumps. Loving the grip and go.

9 hours ago, Soeley said:

Oh no!

As long as it was the right choice for you Bob, that's what counts. Best of luck and I hope the Fiesta tries to live up to the iQ ;)

Thanks Mark, At first I wasn't too sure about the choice, but any doubts I had are fading. I think the main doubt was the mpg, but nothing else will be like an iQ. It is a unique car, with it's big car feel, and little car economy.