Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid second hand prices

Mike J.

I have been using the webuyanycar pricing thing and the valuation for my car has gone up by over £1000 in a year, that is with around 10000 miles added. Must be dieselgate and the increase in road fund tax having an affect. :happy:

• Like 1

Declining demand for used diesels and increased demand for petrols has resulted in resale values for petrol cars, whether hybrid or otherwise, increasing, certainly in the short term.

Similar thing happened with the last scrappage scheme (2006) where scrappage resulted in waiting lists and delivery delays for new cars, owners of three year old cars not changing due to the longer delivery times, and prices for three year old cars increasing due to shortage of supply of three year old used cars.

Both relatively short term effects.

Phew, good thing I jumped ship early then!

Hmmm... maybe I can pick up another Mk1 D4D super cheap as my weekend car :naughty:

Or... I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit a D4D into an imported jappy AWD Mk1 Yaris...

Hi, SWMBO has got an upgrade from 15 plate to 67. We only lost £1k at trade in. Best deprecation rate I've ever come across. :biggrin::biggrin: 

14 hours ago, Bomber209 said:

Hi, SWMBO has got an upgrade from 15 plate to 67. We only lost £1k at trade in. Best deprecation rate I've ever come across. :biggrin::biggrin: 

I'm very tempted for a Prius. If I can do it with minimal loss on my car... :blink:

On 2/20/2018 at 9:12 PM, Mike J. said:

I have been using the webuyanycar pricing thing and the valuation for my car has gone up by over £1000 in a year, that is with around 10000 miles added. Must be dieselgate and the increase in road fund tax having an affect. :happy:

Similar story here, 1 year ago our MrT insulted us with a miserly offer of £5900 for our 2014 CVT Icon+ against over £30k of C-HR whilst WBAC were looking at £7200....one year later and WBAC are now looking at £7600. Not quite as good as Mike J's situation, but upwards at least.

WBAC's initial valuations are usually reduced when they actually see the car, so may not accurately reflect the true value.

Another thing to consider re WBAC is that the seller also parts with a £50 admin fee.!  WBAC is ok for getting an “armchair” valuation, but I not been tempted to go any further down the line.   Three weeks ago I bought a 2010 Prius, and passed my similar year Auris Hybrid to the wife (mainly to get her into an automatic), then I had her 2009 Yaris 1.4 diesel to sell. I got an armchair quote from WBAC, then took the Yaris, together with service book/invoices/documents, to a local car sales pitch and did a deal within 20 minutes, beating WBAC and no £50 admin fee.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

WBAC's initial valuations are usually reduced when they actually see the car, so may not accurately reflect the true value.

True, but I have been tracking it over a year or 2, so the relative values are interesting.

• Like 1

A truer reflection of values is CAP or Glass's. Although Glass's no longer provide valuations for consumers.

WBAC valuations are partly based on auction prices, using information from their owners, British Car Auctions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike J. said:

True, but I have been tracking it over a year or 2, so the relative values are interesting.

Exactly Mike, my system too.

WBAC have just upped the value by £400. At this rate it will be worth over £20,000 in a year's time. :wacko:

On 22/02/2018 at 2:02 PM, Bomber209 said:

that is really good, did you buy the 15 plate new and what trim level is it?

9 hours ago, Mike J. said:

WBAC have just upped the value by £400. At this rate it will be worth over £20,000 in a year's time. :wacko:

Same here, up another £100 to £7700, not quite as good as Mike , but up!

Hi, old Yaris Hybrid Icon (with Touch 2 & Go sat nav). Was Toyota registered so not brand new but near enough. Sold with 16k miles. :biggrin:

What is causing the rise? Simply "dieselgate"?

I'm thinking it may be worth me changing while I can get a better price.

Hmm - WBAC are not offering as much as you can find them for on Autotrader! What the heck.

3 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

What is causing the rise? Simply "dieselgate"?

See my post of 20th February. All about supply and demand.

Once scrappage deals end and demand eases prices for petrol vehicles will reduce.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Once scrappage deals end and demand eases prices for petrol vehicles will reduce.

Any idea when that may be?

Unlike the scrappage scheme of 2006, which was a government initiative, the current schemes are manufacturer-led.

For example Toyota's scrappage scheme is for cars first registered up to and including 31st March 2010 and owned by the current owner for at least six months, has been running since 1st September 2017, and the current end date is 31st March 2018 (though having been extended already, it is possible it maybe extended again).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2018 at 8:32 AM, Berisford said:

Same here, up another £100 to £7700, not quite as good as Mike , but up!

We bought my wife’s 2016 Hybrid Excel 4 weeks ago and paid 11,700 for it from a main dealer with 18000 miles which I thought was a bargain at the time as that price was trade in value according to my research and also 1,000 cheaper than anything else in the country on autotrader.

I have just seen this thread so thought I’d check prices again and they have definitely gone up. Autotrader is showing trade in price as 12200 ......,, weird!

• 3 weeks later...

I have added another 1000 miles and the 'price' has gone up by £250 :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links