Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Customer Has Complained!

thecaretaker

I had a look on MyToyota at my service history. My Prius is up for its second year services in March.

Spotted this comment 'THE CUSTOMER HAS COMPLAINED'. So went to the Toyota centre to book the service and explained that I have not complained at any time and can he delete or edit the comment. I explained that it wouldn't look good for subsequent owners to see a comment like that. He went away, when he returned he explained that this was for Toyota recall items and Toyota send out the form with the term 'THE CUSTOMER HAS COMPLAINED' on it. There was nothing they could do about it. I repeated can't you delete it or amend the wording. No - was the answer.

Has anybody else got this on their service history? If the Prius had a recall and Toyota used this wording, then I am sure mine would not be the only one saying the customer had complained.

And can anybody tell me what the REPLACEMENT COM refers to?

complained.jpg

• Like 1

I know why it has been done, but can't comment on the reason it was done

A Dealer (Toyota or otherwise) is not allowed to actively seek out warranty work, any warranty work has to be reported as a fault by the customer, hence the phrase used. If I was to hazard a guess, I reckon they use a warranty code, which drops that wording into any warranty work line on the invoice. An unfortunate use of the term me thinks 

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I know that in the past, some voluntary customer service campaigns and similar, were only actioned as a result of a customer complaint. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Personally, if I noticed that comment about a used car I was looking to buy I might think "aah good, the previous owner has cared enough about the car to get some type of problem sorted".

I do think though that Toyota/dealerships could resist using so many abbreviations on their invoices etc., appreciate that the service receptionists do make a valiant attempt to explain what's been done, but I've usually forgotten their explanations by the time I get home.

• Like 2

Thank you folks, I understand what likely happened then :wink:

I'll see if I get any further comments on my next service. I have reported my seat height adjuster not holding (slowly sinks after time) so will see how that is reported. I'm not sure how the seat height adjustment mechanism works, whether it is something that can just be tightened up like a friction bolt on a plate or if it has a hydraulic damper that is giving way. I hope it can be fixed with the service.

Mine's exactly the same, listed as "Warranty work. Customer compla, CLAMP KIT, PARK," I assume it's for the parking brake cable end clips recall.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links