Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 2010 Headlight Bulbs Replacing

Carryduff

Just replaced headlight bulb (off side) and would like to replace near side one but it looks very awkward and cramped.Seen a few online videos which show having to remove part of front grill and/or headlight unit. Is there an easier way? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I had to remove the whole headlamp in order to get the rubber boot and clips back on properly, and the only way to remove the headlamp is to partially remove the bumper.

9 minutes ago, rufnek2kx said:

I had to remove the whole headlamp in order to get the rubber boot and clips back on properly, and the only way to remove the headlamp is to partially remove the bumper.

Is yours a third generation Yaris though, as the OP's is a second generation.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Is yours a third generation Yaris though, as the OP's is a second generation.

2nd gen.

I think it's 2nd as the dashboard instruments are still in the middle. 3rd gen was 2012  ?

2nd gen is the one on this video.

He was able to do it without taking the headlamp out but i struggled. He shows you where all the bolts are anyway so you're free to try either method.

It can be done without removing the bumper and or fusebox. It helps if you're left handed (which I'm not) to do the passenger side and have small/slim hands (not me again) and a strong grip because the hardest part I found was removing the connector(I have the grazes and bruising to prove it!). Btw don't be tempted to pull on the cables to remove the connector! You could also familiarise yourself with the procedure by practising on the 'easier' driver's side first, or you could just pop down to Halford's and for a small fee they'll do it for you.

Hope all goes well!