Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice on Estima repair needed please

Mark44

Hi all, my wife ran over a high kerb and damaged the underneath of our Toyota Estima Aeras 2003 model. I'll attach some photos. I presume we'll need a whole new front panel? any idea who can do it and how much it might cost?  We are in Reading by the way.

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

Personally I'd simply screw it back together and refit it (although I'd maybe treat it differently if the car wasn't 15 years old, or if I wanted it to look absolutely pristine).  Most of the scratches on the underside will remove with a strong rubbing compound like Farcla G3, and I'd touch up the bits where the black shows through using a paint pen.

Notice that the clip is a Z-shape (looking at it cross section).  The upper 'fold' holds the black undertray piece (which is still in place), and the lower 'fold' should hold the white bumper tab.  Undo and remove the bolt, manipulate the black undertray back into it's proper position (probably above and behind the bumper), slide the bottom fold of the Z-clip back into the tab on the white bumper, refit and tighten the bolt.  I wouldn't worry about the white tab being broken, since it'll hold in place just fine when you tighten the bolt.  Similarly I wouldn't worry about the crack on the undertray section, but if you really want you could rivet a strengthening plate over it (like a scrap piece of plastic etc).

Look fairly easily repairable to me tbh...the damaged undertray should be able to be fixed back securely and the bumper damage can be sorted.

You have a good body/swage  "line" to mask off the offending lower damage and could use a rattle can to spray it up...having rubbed it down and prepared it of course.:wink:

If it's the white pearl colour like mine you can get a paint match if it matters to you (paints4u.com)

Thanks for the advice everyone. Sounds good. I didn’t spend a lot of time examining it but automatically thought it wouldn’t fit back together with the white tab being broken. I will give it a go. Yes it is the white pearl colour. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry all, I forgot to let you know that I followed the advice and it worked fine. All back together. Perhaps I’ll do the paintwork eventually but for now happy with the repair. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you got the job done :)

That's great news, Mark...well done.

• 5 months later...

Well done on your repair.

If you wife also mounted the kerb I'd get the steering geometry checked too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links