Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo - 2018 facelift

FROSTYBALLS

By contrast the facelifted Citroen C1 according to media reports.

2018-Citroen-C1.png

• Like 1

i was going to post the exact same link on my earlier thread on this forum :))))) i guess you have made mine obsolete......

as for the car-- oho, BABY!  looking sharp!  mind you, i notice all pictures are of 5-door bodyshape, i hope they do not discontinue the 3-door variant............

ps: more power (71ps now), yet less co2 (90g/km) emissions?!  what sort of voodoo magic has mr.t conjured up here?

@FROSTYBALLS

Hi Mike and thank you for the link.  I like the new Aygo but (And I hate to say this) I think more folk might just plump for the Citroen version as it has the heavier, black body panels/mouldings.  You have been wondering for a few weeks whether we would see a "Small SUV" version of the Aygo and with their styling, Citroen have made their version look a bit like one.

We might not all like it but, as you have been saying, the market and fashion trends have been going this way, haven't they?  OK, I know that the Citroen isn't an SUV but it looks a bit like one and that seems to be what customers want just lately.  It will be interesting to see them "in the flesh" and I wonder what Peugeot will come up with, to compete with these two.

Thanks again and all the best. :smile:

I would imagine the C1 image is a fairly high spec, and may not be to UK specifications.

Looks good, good to see they sorted the DRLs location, which always looked bit odd for me on current version, but not sure on black under the lights, look like 'baggy eyes' to me. Interesting take on the new C1 as well, as peeps were discussing 'SUV' type version on another thread, did they know something!, but this is 5 door, will the 3 door look the same, as most these 'SUV' look city cars are 5 door versions.

Be interesting to see the revised 108.

PSA plan to have greater separation between the Citroen and Peugeot brands: shifting Citroen down market, cheaper with less tech and lower ownership costs; moving Peugeot more upmarket into the semi premium sector to compete with VW, with more tech and higher prices.

The two marques will target different customer bases, as now they complete with each other for sales.

• Thanks 1

I like the facelift, the intergrated daylight running lights into the headlights look much better.

On 22/02/2018 at 11:47 PM, Heidfirst said:

beat me to it! :tongue:

Me too ....

[mention=56444]FROSTYBALLS[/mention]
Hi Mike and thank you for the link.  I like the new Aygo but (And I hate to say this) I think more folk might just plump for the Citroen version as it has the heavier, black body panels/mouldings.  You have been wondering for a few weeks whether we would see a "Small SUV" version of the Aygo and with their styling, Citroen have made their version look a bit like one.
We might not all like it but, as you have been saying, the market and fashion trends have been going this way, haven't they?  OK, I know that the Citroen isn't an SUV but it looks a bit like one and that seems to be what customers want just lately.  It will be interesting to see them "in the flesh" and I wonder what Peugeot will come up with, to compete with these two.

The new Ignis body style is like a mini 4x4. I really like it and good specs too. I quite fancy one after my Aygo x-clusiv.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the sounds of the new x-clusiv. Not sure about the exterior colours in that press release though.

interestingly,  in the past few days i have read in a few (non-uk) motoring medias about the peugeot 108 variant of this tpca car:

* spanish market now removes 3 door body option
* spanish and german sites already with the uprated 1.0 72ps engine on configurators;  1.2 82 puretech option removed altogether.....!
* french market to lose availability of 3 door body + 1.2 82 engine options from may 2018
* new colour range - gone is smalt blue (metallic navyblue since 2014 launch); new in is 'green fizz' (a bit like 'acid yellow' on the clio v6 to my eyes) and 'calvi blue' (sort of a metallic royal blue in the middle of 'french blue' and 'smalt blue')
* some new upholstery options
* NOTHING RE - facelifting bumpers/lightings/wheels options!

no mention of citroen c1 getting ANYTHING, yet - no revised engine range, nor facelift appearance, nor new paint colours/interiors..

sorry for mentioning so much new on psa pair of the tpca cars here, but i thought it worth a mention because... does this mean aygo gets new model year improvements (i.e., new engine) only after facelift is made available from june, or same time as the peugeot108 version (i.e., seemingly now)? also, i hope peugeot + citroen dont just stick with 1.0 engine choice alone from now on - just when vw up (ugh!) gets MORE powerful engine varieties (90ps and 115ps), and twingo has 110ps gt version, tpca triplets seem to be reducing!  part of me was hoping at least the 1.2 82 would be made available here for aygo like it has been in switzerland, as well as the 3 door body to still be a possibility :'{

best regards x

The changes mentioned for the 108 must be due to the respective sales organisations tailoring the model range to what they think will sell in their market.

The one drawback with the PSA puretech engine is that it is belt driven rather than chain.

apparently the psa 1.2 puretech requires change of (lubricated) belt every 10 years or 112.5k miles..... with it being encased in fluid for preservation purpose, i imagine it to be a more messy job than typical when it comes to eventually changing it :unsure: so for those who do keep the car for longer and will eventually need to get the necessary work done, probably will cost a fair few hundred £s. that said, this new toyota 1.0 engine doesnt seem quite as simple as in years past, either- mention of dual fuel injector system, cooled exhaust gas recirculation system, etc....

in better news- my husband's starlet miraculously made it through another mot yesterday. did it 3 weeks before end-date of the last, in case a lot of work needed doing........ happy 20th birthday, little beast!  386k miles now- i should really get round to grabbing those ''toyota high mile club'' stickers for it ... knowing we have a bit of service left in it, we can hold on  for the june release of the facelifted aygo a bit more easy :happy:

Interesting info on the new 108, thanks for posting, we got a 2014 108 last year, in the smalt blue/Tahoe blue as well, shame it going as my fav blue of the current colour crop. The engine tweeks are nice, but in our market our greedy governments new car tax rules mean they bit pointless. Didn't know the PSA engine was belt driven, so glad we stuck with toyota 1.0 in our 108, but we got a 107 as well which been mechanically superb, but be interesting how new engine drives, cos our 108 is quite different to our 107 to drive, 108 rides better, but the 107 is more 'fun'.

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

Interesting info on the new 108, thanks for posting, we got a 2014 108 last year, in the smalt blue/Tahoe blue as well, shame it going as my fav blue of the current colour crop. The engine tweeks are nice, but in our market our greedy governments new car tax rules mean they bit pointless. Didn't know the PSA engine was belt driven, so glad we stuck with toyota 1.0 in our 108, but we got a 107 as well which been mechanically superb, but be interesting how new engine drives, cos our 108 is quite different to our 107 to drive, 108 rides better, but the 107 is more 'fun'.

looks like citroen to be removing 1.2 82 engine and 3-door body choices for the c1  also - probably this news for spain to be replicated to all other markets.....    https://www.autonocion.com/la-mejorada-gama-citroen-c1-ya-a-la-venta-en-espana/   (spanish language site)

a real pity; the 1.2 82 option  for peugeot + citroen tpca cars seems to sell quite well (at least in the uk, according to my crude ''howmanyleft'' researching, as well as general impression of autotrader searches....) 

also, thankyou for correcting the paint colour naming mistake i made earlier on! (tahoe blue indeed is the name for the peugeot 108 blue colour - smalt blue is the citroen name for the same colourcode on c1.... oops.:blush:)

either way; all this points to prospect of 3-door 1.2 aygo facelift -> non-starter :sad:

1 hour ago, fields of panda said:

also, thankyou for correcting the paint colour naming mistake i made earlier on! (tahoe blue indeed is the name for the peugeot 108 blue colour - smalt blue is the citroen name for the same colourcode on c1.... oops.:blush:)

No, thank you!, so that's where the smalt blue comes from, I was confused when I got a touch up paint stick for our 'tahoe' blue car last year and touch up stick had 'smalt' blue on it, but internet searches showed they the same colour,  manufacturers do like confusing things.   

6 hours ago, Puglet said:

Didn't know the PSA engine was belt driven

According to the Toyota service and warranty book, the timing belt on the PSA Puretech engine fitted to the Aygo, is due to be changed at 10 years/100,000 miles, but is subject to inspection beginning at 6 years/60,000 miles, and every 1 year/10,000 miles thereafter.

That's why happy to stick with Toyota 1.0 in sister's 108, having had our 107 for 10 years now, that has been spot on. To be fair not heard of many engine problems with toyota 1.0 in those years unless you know different, ok were clutch and water pump issues with early ones, but main engine seems good until you hit very big mileages, then again as it mainly a city/town car, it probably not designed to do mega miles.

To be fair, when we were looking at 107s all those years ago, it was a pleasant surprise to see all those Toyota badges when I lifted the bonnet and made investigate why?, and made buying decision very easy, if engine was peugeot/citroen it may been different. For big diesel engines, which we've had, they are very good, for small petrol engines I'm not so sure.

The 1.0 litre Toyota/Daihatsu engine is used in a variety of models including, but not limited to: Aygo; IQ; Yaris; Daihatsu Boon (sold as the Sirion in some markets), and it's clone models Toyota Passo, Subaru Justy, and Perodua Myvi; Toyota Roomy/Daihatsu Thor; and by the Chinese manufacturer BYD for their FO city car (a copy of the first generation Aygo).

Yep, as an engine it gets about a bit, again when I found out about the Daihatsu link some years ago it surprised again, but Toyota bought them out so it must be good. Interestingly, remember looking at a Diahatsu Charade many years ago before getting the 107, ok engine was probably great, but rest of the car was errr bit low rent!, think Toyota's quality control helps the Aygo/C1/107/108 project! 

3 minutes ago, Puglet said:

remember looking at a Diahatsu Charade many years ago before getting the 107, ok engine was probably great, but rest of the car was errr bit low rent!

Owned a Charade GTti many moons ago, so can agree with the low rent comment, but boy did that car go like stink. I'd be first in line to buy a turbo charged Aygo lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links