Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4.2 extended rear door check strap

rallychief

Has anyone got an extended us market type, check strap for the rear door of a 5 door 4-2 2003, have had a look at modding mine, but without welding gear  i think its a non starter

They are a genuine Toyota part , as I bought one for mine a few years back from japarts and it came in Toyota packaging with part number. Around £60 if I recall, well worth doing and 10 minute job to fit. 

Looks like japarts no longer trade. But amayama in Japan list it for £35 plus shipping. I have ordered parts direct from them you send them an email of what you need and they get back with a price and you then order if you wish . I ordered all parts to replace my 5th gear from them and all came from japan in two weeks and saved over £200 . Don’t forget duty charges apply as well . I think the part number is 68650-42040 but check with them . My Rav was a 4.2  2004.

Hi Grumpy stumpy, many thanks for your reply and info, did try to get an extended one in the UK, but didn't have any luck, didn't want the hassle of import, so bit the bullet at the weekend, and cut the standard one near the vehicle end, and inserted a 25 mm length of 4 mm steel plate, got a mate to weld it up, which melted the nylon insert for the pin, so had to mod that as well, it seems to have worked very well, it makes a world of difference to the use ability of the load space in the back, i will make a note of amayama though for the future

Cheers Chris 

No probs mate glad you got it sorted, and yes so much better when done .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links