Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Diesel 2.0L Rav4 hesitation

kokkios

Hi guys

Car is 7 months old and has done 10K miles. 

Last couple of weeks i notice a slight hesitation when accelerating in lower gears (2nd or 3rd) when car is still cold.

Anyone else experienced something similar with this engine? I had hesitation problems with my petrol BMW and hated it since it was never really fixed. With my BMW it was the coils and injectors. Cold sweat  is running down my spine! If you have any input will be happy to hear it

Thank you

Have you checked to see if there are any recalls ? Toyota have just started a campaign on the BMW engined cars see: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker.json

They may have a bearing on the hesitation

Good idea. Tried using the VIN number on my equivalent V5 as i live in Cyprus and it says there is an Error. Maybe the VIN is printed incorrectly on my paper. Went to check on the car and strangley the Vin number space where the dashboard meets the windscreen is blank. 

1 minute ago, kokkios said:

Good idea. Tried using the VIN number on my equivalent V5 as i live in Cyprus

So why does your profile show you live in Greater London - please amend.

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So why does your profile show you live in Greater London - please amend.

Yes sorry did that now.

Any ideas on my issue with this engine? Has it been mentioned on the forum before if you recall?

13 minutes ago, kokkios said:

Good idea. Tried using the VIN number on my equivalent V5 as i live in Cyprus and it says there is an Error. Maybe the VIN is printed incorrectly on my paper. Went to check on the car and strangley the Vin number space where the dashboard meets the windscreen is blank. 

PM your chassis to me and I can check Toyotas system

Your VIN is fine but the checker is for UK cars so won't recognise your VIN, looking at Toyota's system there are 2 outstanding items

GGG94 Is a safety recall to replace a fuel pipe and fuel filter

GGG95 Is a customer satisfaction campaign to update the Engine ECU software and possibly replace the EGR valve ( valve depends in what version is installed )

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Your VIN is fine but the checker is for UK cars so won't recognise your VIN, looking at Toyota's system there are 2 outstanding items

GGG94 Is a safety recall to replace a fuel pipe and fuel filter

GGG95 Is a customer satisfaction campaign to update the Engine ECU software and possibly replace the EGR valve ( valve depends in what version is installed )

From my poor mechanical knowledge it could be related then. 

I have it already booked in for service on Tuesday. Will let you guys know how it went.

Thank you Devon Aygo for your help!

Had the service done. I mentioned the slight hesitation issue and they just added some sort of injector cleaner liquid in the tank as i was expecting. I mentioned the recalls/service bulletins Devon Aygo gave me (thanks a lot by the way). They verified them but said they are still not ready to have the work done . They said they will let me know as soon as the campaign starts in Cyprus. Will have to wait and see. Thanks again for your valuable help 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links