Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Record

Mick F

We bought our Yaris Hybrid six months ago today.  It was MOT'd and serviced on the day we bought it.  We do have the service recorded in the car's documentation and we have the MOT certificate.

Logging in on https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/ it seems that the service record STILL hasn't been updated.  I've been checking every few weeks, and there's nothing about the service and MOT.

I've telephoned Snows Toyota Paignton a few times over the months and even called in there as we were passing to ask about this issue, and the answer consistently has been "software" and how their computers aren't talking to Toyota.  They assure me that the problem will be sorted eventually.  It isn't anything to worry about of course, but it irritates me that they STILL haven't sorted it. The words "shoddy" and "Mickey Mouse" spring to mind.

Has anyone else found this?  Is it just Snow's of Paignton?  Six months and no update of the details?

I intend emailing Toyota direct about this.

Mick.

8 minutes ago, Mick F said:

I intend emailing Toyota direct about this.

Just emailed them.

No. My previous Toyota service histories were accurate on My Toyota. The current Toyota is also up to date - including a puncture repair last year and even changing an interior bulb for an Osram LED during the first service. Different dealer group though.

I had the same issue on my last service. Local dealer reckons that everything they do, has to go through Toyota HQ first, before the local dealer can put it on the customer's record. Needless to say, it took two conversations with the local dealer, before it went on my record.

I have to say, no help to Mick, but my service record was updated the day after it was carried out, last week.

The driver's airbag replacement is also noted. Completed on the same day.

A couple of things that are "shoddy" workmanship were the brake fluid reservoir has been filled to the max. instead of the level it was at without any allowance for wear. There was a 1/2 litre oil overfill of the engine sump which I have extracted myself to the full mark.

1 hour ago, fordulike said:

Local dealer reckons that everything they do, has to go through Toyota HQ first, before the local dealer can put it on the customer's record. 

Can't see that that is the case, otherwise Toyota GB would have to go through thousands of My Toyota updates every month.

50 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Can't see that that is the case, otherwise Toyota GB would have to go through thousands of My Toyota updates every month.

Exactly, smokescreen perhaps!

I see mine was serviced three times last year!

All at the same time.:unsure:

Had my 2 year /20k service plus new front tyres done last Tuesday morning at Parklands. Nothing showing on the mytoyota site that evening but it was all there the next morning.

Steve.

I rang my local dealer to find out what the service interval was and when I gave them my vehicle registration, they informed me that it had not been serviced since 2016!  I logged into My Toyota and can see the service history up to me taking the car from the dealers secondhand in August when they did an intrim service.

Strange how I can see it by logging in yet Toyota Main dealer cannot!

Dave

19 minutes ago, davekench said:

I rang my local dealer to find out what the service interval was

Service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

On 25/02/2018 at 3:12 PM, Mick F said:

Just emailed them.

No reply ................................. but the service record is now on the My Toyota website.

Funny that eh? :cool:

Trouble is, the date is recorded as 30/8/17 ........... but it was done on the 25/8/17 ............... but I'm not complaining.  It took them six months to get the issue sorted so I don't want to rock the boat.

Mick.

Doesn't anyone just get their service book stamped and dated now, I do and insist on it, but I'm old school.lol

Yes, owners still get their service  and warranty book completed and stamped. My Toyota is an additional online record of servicing and any other work done by Toyota dealers.

48 minutes ago, wildtapholer said:

Doesn't anyone just get their service book stamped and dated now, I do and insist on it, but I'm old school.lol

Service books and stamps a easily available on a well known auction site. A better proof of service record is receipts.

18 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

Service books and stamps a easily available on a well known auction site. A better proof of service record is receipts.

Exactly. I keep my receipts with the service book safely in the house, not the car.

On 28/02/2018 at 2:34 PM, wildtapholer said:

they forgot to stamp mine on the first service and i went back in and got it done, they cant even do something so simple as that saying they are just done electronically these days, what garbage, try trading in without the stamps and they will be quick enough to mark the car down

Sort of an update to this story.

Toyota Customer Services got in touch by email and then arranged a phone call.  They phoned me yesterday afternoon.

They want this sorted.  I'm not fussed really, but just wanted to let them know that there is an error.  It now appears that not only is the date wrong, but the mileage is slightly out too, and also they did a recall for something - probably the airbag, but it wasn't recorded, so I took it in and had it done so perhaps it's been done twice!  The Customer Service chap isn't happy about all this misinformation and he wants to get to the bottom of it for my sake, and for Toyota's sake too.

I've sent him screenshots of the My Toyota pages and also a scan of the service record book to illustrate the differences.

Maybe all this will come out in the wash.

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/03/2018 at 3:23 PM, Mick F said:

Sort of an update to this story.

Toyota Customer Services got in touch by email and then arranged a phone call.  They phoned me yesterday afternoon.

They want this sorted.  I'm not fussed really, but just wanted to let them know that there is an error.  It now appears that not only is the date wrong, but the mileage is slightly out too, and also they did a recall for something - probably the airbag, but it wasn't recorded, so I took it in and had it done so perhaps it's been done twice!  The Customer Service chap isn't happy about all this misinformation and he wants to get to the bottom of it for my sake, and for Toyota's sake too.

I've sent him screenshots of the My Toyota pages and also a scan of the service record book to illustrate the differences.

Maybe all this will come out in the wash.

Mick.

I had this problem,the dealers recorded the mileage incorrectly by 30,000 miles! I only found out when registering and checking the online service history. I went to a different dealership for service, the mileage was correct in the book but was incorrect on the invoice. It was automatically adding 1 mile to any subsequent invoice generated irrespective of date.  30 minutes later I was handed with a new invoice.

Now the fun begins...... Log online there is duplicate entry of the service, correct mileage & incorrect mileage. Emailed Customer Service with the correct invoice and instructions on what needs changing and deleting.  They pass this info to IT department who make the necessary changes. Yep, you guessed it the imbeciles couldn't get this right, three new duplicate entries and missing service items. It took a week to sort this out.

Edited by Devon Aygo
Profanity removed

10 hours ago, TAuris said:

....................... It took a week to sort this out.

I may get back in touch with them AGAIN.  My issue has been going on for weeks.

They've recorded the airbag recall job, but recorded the date as Jan 1st instead of Jan 19th when it was done.

Can you imagine the dealer opening on New Year's Day?  :biggrin:

Mick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links