Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GEN 4 Prius magic radar

cviclark

All cars and definitely lorries should have this, it really is magic. Touch the cruise, adjust how far you want to be to the car in front, set your speed and relax in the knowledge that if he does something stupid you will stop.  The sensors, tell you if there is cross traffic brake warnings stop you hitting the end wall of the garage, and anything else, self parking, have not tried it yet even on my old Auris, but I am assured it works.  This must be the most advanced generation of vehicles yet. Not sure I would want self drive, but this is very, very good.

When I read about cars and lorries tail ending each other on motorways I wonder it's is not compulsory.  

• Like 1

I have not seen this system in use, but it sounds a very useful tool. Glad you like your gen4

Last time i went to Iceland the Vitara i rented had it too, its a good system. 

5 hours ago, cviclark said:

... self parking, have not tried it yet even on my old Auris, but I am assured it works...

It's the easiest system to use I've seen yet.  The version that first appeared on the 2006 face-lift Gen 2 Prius T-Spirit would have caused a queue of horn blasting irate motorists by the time you'd set it up!

I have used mine a fair bit, it really impresses people when it does the job well, but it's quiet variable, and sometimes mounts the kerb or parks over a foot away from it.  It took me by surprise the second time I used it, putting a lot of left lock on very rapidly even though I crept forward really slowly, and stuffed my front nearside wheel into a rough, high kerb, trashing the plastic wheel trim and costing me £30.  Was mighty glad I had the 15" wheels with the trim disc, otherwise I might have been paying for an alloy wheel refurb!

Superb at exiting a space when people have parked very close at both ends though.