Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2004 tyre size

sconly

Hello

Could anyone advise me on the correct tyre size for a Toyota Yaris 2004, please?

The ones I have on are 185/65/R14 86H but when I do a search on tyre websites using my reg they all come back with 175/65/R14 T.

Which is correct? Does it really matter?

Thanks

I'm not sure what sort of wheels your car has (steels, alloys, if so, are they Toyota ones or aftermarket?), but my bet is that you're running steel wheels and someone's changed them in its lifetime (for whatever reason), hence the change in tyre size (I think this would be down to the difference in wheel offset, I don't remember too much about offset etc). Anyway, I would probably use the same tyre size (the 185 size) that's currently on there - I would say that if you bought tyres of 175 width, they'd have to be stretched to get them to fit, which isn't something I'd go down (something they do in the car scene I think, god knows why). I'd be interested to hear what others have to say as I'm not sure if I'm chatting rubbish or not haha.

Steels should be 175. As should be original fit alloys.

If you wheels are original Toyota, that's it . If not original Toyota , who knows?Post a photo of a wheel and tyre and we can guess.

Which engine and trim size is it? 

(I have a 2004 sales brochure which has wheel but no tyre sizes!:-(    )

My notes say the alloys for my old Mk1 Yaris are 14"x5J PCD=4x100 and 54mm centre bore (For some reason I don't seem to have recorded the ET/offset or bolt hole size tho...)

Tyres should be 175/65R14

9 hours ago, Madasafish said:

Steels should be 175. As should be original fit alloys.

If you wheels are original Toyota, that's it . If not original Toyota , who knows?Post a photo of a wheel and tyre and we can guess.

Which engine and trim size is it? 

(I have a 2004 sales brochure which has wheel but no tyre sizes!:-(    )

Not the best photo, I know, but hopefully good/helpful enough.

It's a 1.3 engine. Trim size?

IMAG0009.jpg

Yup, those are the standard 14" alloys for the Mk1 Yaris, so the correct tyre size is 175/65R14

That wheel looks like it's in amazing condition BTW - All the ones I usually see have been kerbed to buggery! :laugh:

Your alloy wheels are in far better condition than ours :mellow:

"Your alloy wheels are in far better condition than ours :mellow:"

Maybe the fact that Matthew's alloys are fitted with 185 width tyres, rather than 175, has given the rims that little bit more protection against kerbing

Edited by Notoyboy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links