Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil control valve

Hugh T

Hi

Has anyone had to change the oil control valve on their Aygo. 

I have tried to locate the part on the internet with no luck. Can anyone offer some advice please. 

Regards Hugh 

Part number 15330-0Q010 from your local Toyota dealer, an unusual part to require though?

Thanks for reply. I have a P0011 fault code. I have recently changed the oil and filter, but still have the code. Below are the possible causes.

Possible causes Low or Dirty Engine Oil Variable Valve Timing (VVT) circuit is open or shorted Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit is open or shorted Faulty variable valve timing (VVT) Faulty oil control valve (OCV) Damaged ECM

Have you checked the OCV supply filter is clean/clear of debris as a clogged filter will affect the oil pressure in the OCV

Untitled.png

Thanks I will try that first now the weather has cleared up. 

I have checked the filter and there was no blockage and looking in excellent condition. I have cleared the code and checked the connection to the oil control valve. The light hasn't come back on but it has not been driven much. I will keep an eye on it and see if it comes back on. 

Thanks. 

• 2 years later...

Yesterday  quite suddenly a loud 'clanking' sound started. Not regular enough to be just a little end on a piston since on decelerating the noise frequency double or trebl3es,

A couple of miles later engine warning light came on and proved to be P0011, CVVT problem.

The noise is loud enough for me to take round to my friendly local mechanic. I'd assumed something catching on a drive belt.

Mechanic had a listen and poke around then condemned the engine.

However following a search for P0011 I came across this post. This led me to check supply to OCV, about 11.9V and continuity check the OCV coil, about 9.8 ohms,

I managed to get the oil filter cap off but couldn't figure out how to extract the filter itself.

Questions:

1) How to remove the oil filter.

2) If I get a replacement OCV do I need to set anything to do with valve timing before removing the OCV? Or can I just replace with impunity.