Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant level at Min mark

roks

Hi All,

I did a coolant flush Sept 2014, I may have topped up after a year or so with about 300ml (concentrated) that was left over from the flush job.

Its now few mil above the Min mark on the, I am guessing this is normal and its evaporated over time as there is no visible leaks.

I ordered 1ltr concentrated pink but dealer sent me 5ltr pre-mixed, if I use a bit...guessing it will take a litre from Min to Max? How long will the left over stay good in the container?

Thanks.

Hi,

When did you last check the level  2015 ?  if so you have no idea if its a gradual or sudden lost.

You need to refill to Max and then monitor a couple of times a week to see how quickly is going down.

Mine dropped slowly for years, but when I replaced the thermostat it was clear it had been slowly weeping from the seal, but evaporating before it became visible to a casual look from above.

You could have a slow leak from your water pump or any hose  or the rad cor or CHG .

If its still goes down fast and you cannot spot the leak , you need a pressure test.

Thanks Oldcodger foor your reply.

Last time I checked was during the oil change, about 6 months ago, it was just below the mid level.

I'll have a noise around properly when the weather gets a bit better. In the meantime I will fill it up and monitor closely.

Other than this and the oil leak behind the engine block, the car is running fine I think, mileage isnt great but that maybe due to heating being on.

Whats CHG?

16 minutes ago, roks said:

Whats CHG?

Cylinder Head Gasket