Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota iQ in the ice

iq_london

As I'm sure you're aware, Toyota iQ's are fitted with the traction control / stability control 'OFF' button just right of the gear stick however on recent YouTube videos, it seems the Scion iQ has two functionalities of this button. As shown in the link below, just pressing the button once turn off the traction control and holding it for a further 3 seconds also switches off the stability control. Is anybody aware if UK spec vehicles have this feature? As when I press the button in my 2010 iQ2, the orange square pops up and there isn't obviously a light regarding the traction control.

So what does pressing the UK button actually switch off? Is it both? 

Also, just been out in an empty car park today in my 1.0L iQ2 and even with stability / traction switched on it's so much fun in the ice & snow, anybody else tried drifting the iQ?

Yes, the button in my iQ3 works in that way. 

I have pressed the button and released it and it turns off the traction control but only for a short while, it seemed to come back on after a minute or so.

Pressing and holding the button does turn it off for the time the engine is running. Turning the engine off and restarting resets it to being on and turning it off completely can only be done while the car is stationary and possibly the handbrake on as well.

I can do some pretty mean wheel spins with the traction control off, haven't noticed any difference with the VSC off but maybe I wasn't driving to the point that it was needed.

I did a lovely handbrake slide in the snow this morning, wish the rear brakes were a bit more effective as you have to pull the handbrake up pretty hard to lock the rear wheels.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links