Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Prius Excel - good deal?

Catlover

1 minute ago, Ten Ninety said:

...Those are very good mpg figures - clearly the Gen4 is some way on from the Gen3 in that respect. Congrats on your purchase!

I generally get around 100 extra miles per tankful in my Gen 4 compared to the Gen 3, except in the worst of winter if I do lost of short trips, but still may better.  And that's despite the Gen 4's claimed tank size being 2 litres less than the Gen 3's!

• Like 2

IMG_0155.thumb.JPG.ea144a4885750c6269411d2bb482e3d6.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Jay. This is the shot after I got home from the dealer in Solihull (to Chester area).

Does it display 100+ figures, or does it top out at 99.9mpg?

There's got to be a challenge there for you!

I'm surprised to see 91.9, probably flake out if it got to 100 😊

Thing is, always said to myself I would try to get good fuel consumption from the hybrid (Auris or Prius) but not at the chance of holding traffic up. Most of the journey was on M42/M6 and 4 lanes a lot of the way (no hard shoulder), but I was keeping up with most traffic, passing slower ones. 

I noticed this morning whilst out in 30 area, doing 30, the meter was not moving as high as with the Gen3.  I do think from now the mpg will go down, to where I don't know, but yesterday I am taking as a "fluke", love to be proved wrong though.

29 minutes ago, Ten Ninety said:

The mpg readout next to the ODO/Trip/etc. goes to 199.9.

The gauge next to the speedo (if you don't have RSA or Speed limiter on) goes to 100.

The gauge on the centre MFD (if the ½ hour history screen is shown) goes to 200 mpg.

• Thanks 1

I found this a few months ago, I don't know who 'Tideland Prius' is apart from he's on PriusChat, but thought it might be of interest as you've got the new car. Something to read with your cornflakes...

Prius Changes over time.doc

To Pete B (plus others interested in play music from USB)  - I found a USB stick, only 2gb, with loads of tunes on so stuck it in and reasonably quick it found itself and started to play. Easy peasy so far.

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

To Pete B (plus others interested in play music from USB)...

Personally I have a small sized (good for the tight space on the centre console) 128GB USB Flash drive with various MP3 separated into directories, with sub directories for CD1/2 etc. This actually came straight from my previous Focus with a small update of various new songs.

bluetooth connectivity does work also from my Android phone - only thing I wish the car offered was Spotify integrated application but bluetooth will have to do as I doubt Mr. T will change their standing on current models.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:44 PM, Ten Ninety said:

There's got to be a challenge there for you!

Yes it goes over 99.9mpg 😁

My trip to work, this weather I get over 100mpg when the traffic is right, but generally mid to high 90's862955796_IMG_3442(1).thumb.JPG.00a06c5b706d9cdf124b8ad6f2b829a1.JPG

1 hour ago, Harters said:

My trip to work, this weather I get over 100mpg when the traffic is right, but generally mid to high 90's

Nice! Assuming your profile pic is your car, it's good to see 17" wheels don't get in the way of excellent economy. Unless that 7 miles is downhill all the way, of course... 😉

52 minutes ago, Ten Ninety said:

Nice! Assuming your profile pic is your car, it's good to see 17" wheels don't get in the way of excellent economy. Unless that 7 miles is downhill all the way, of course... 😉

Yes 17" wheels.

There are a couple of quite big hills on the route, but the last portion of my journey does has a very slight down grade where the engine can be off for a good period of time.  My Battery is usually on 2-3 bars by the time I get to work.  The journey home usually gets hi 60's, mid 70's due to having to get the Battery charged back up again and the slight grade on the initial starting leg. Overall its a very good figure for the day.

I couldn't be happier and thats driving the car in Normal mode and driving just like I have always driven, not Miss Daisy, but I am a pretty steady driver.

• Like 1