Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2007 wiper blades

ziauris

Hi all,

My Auris 2007 1.6 petrol came with HYBRID Wiper Blades fitted to the front wipers, I think they may be Denso ones but cannot be sure as there is not branding on them, only a QR code and a few numbers where the hook arm clips in (they look identical to these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istD8XTPUYo. They have been on the car for about 5 years and were doing good until they started splitting.

I replaced them with Lidl wipers for around £5 for both wipers. However the wipers are juddering and noisy some of the time but wipe well when the are in operation. I think the wiper blade tip may not sit at a right angle to the windscreen and this is why they may judder but I could be wrong.

I would like to know what are the OEM that the Auris is meant to have on it - the HYBRID wipers worked really well and were silent in operation and I would like to get some more of them - OR OEM.

Thanks

From memory those Denso blades look like the OE blades I had on my 2009 and 2012 Auris. When I asked at my dealer about replacement blades they were expensive, and I used Toyota refills when replacing - easy to fit.

The Toyota GB eBay store only seems to have the left hand blade and refills - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ToyotaOfficialStore?_fsub=4563085012&_nkw=Auris&_nkw=2007&_nkw=&submit=SEARCH&LH_TitleDesc=1

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From memory those Denso blades look like the OE blades I had on my 2009 and 2012 Auris. When I asked at my dealer about replacement blades they were expensive, and I used Toyota refills when replacing - easy to fit.

The Toyota GB eBay store only seems to have the left hand blade and refills - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ToyotaOfficialStore?_fsub=4563085012&_nkw=Auris&_nkw=2007&_nkw=&submit=SEARCH&LH_TitleDesc=1

ECP sell the Denso wiper for the same price that Mr. T sells just the rubber refill :ohmy: a pair of front Denso wipers are ~£20 from ECP/CP4L :laugh:

I used Bosch wipers like what I had on car when bought it they seem fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 03/03/2018 at 11:50 PM, xavierde said:

I used Bosch wipers like what I had on car when bought it they seem fine

which Bosch are you using? super plus or aero twin ones?

The Lidl wipers are having a tough time with the frost and I think the drivers side wiper arm puts too much pressure on the wiper (or wiper is not robust enough) leading to buckling of 1/3rd of the drivers side wiper and not making proper contact  with the screen for the other 1/3rd of it, so please do not buy the Lidl wipers - they do not work. The passenger side seems to work fine. I think the wiper arm puts too much pressure on the wiper due to being built for the more robust Denso type hybrid wipers. I read that somewhere that wiper arms are tuned to specific Wiper Blades and sometimes other blades to not fit/work correctly and this is the issue I am having with these Lidl ones. I'll probably cut up the drivers side one and make 2 rear wipers out of it :cool:

I called RRG Toyota to buy rubber refills for the Denso OE wipers. They told me that new OE wipers are cheaper that refills and asked for £~19 for pair of front ones, which is quite a good deal and matches other retailers. Well done Toyota. I won't be buying them from Hudderfield branch though as I have had a lot of bad experiences from them and will try to buy from another dealer.

11 minutes ago, ziauris said:

I called RRG Toyota to buy rubber refills for the Denso OE wipers. They told me that new OE wipers are cheaper that refills and asked for £~19 for pair of front ones, which is quite a good deal and matches other retailers. Well done Toyota. I won't be buying them from Hudderfield branch though as I have had a lot of bad experiences from them and will try to buy from another dealer.

Be aware that Toyota offer a cheaper range of Wiper Blades to the OE blades - Toyota Optifit which are made by Trico. These are probably the blades that RRG are offering.

which Bosch are you using? super plus or aero twin ones?

The Lidl wipers are having a tough time with the frost and I think the drivers side wiper arm puts too much pressure on the wiper (or wiper is not robust enough) leading to buckling of 1/3rd of the drivers side wiper and not making proper contact  with the screen for the other 1/3rd of it, so please do not buy the Lidl wipers - they do not work. The passenger side seems to work fine. I think the wiper arm puts too much pressure on the wiper due to being built for the more robust Denso type hybrid wipers. I read that somewhere that wiper arms are tuned to specific wiper blades and sometimes other blades to not fit/work correctly and this is the issue I am having with these Lidl ones. I'll probably cut up the drivers side one and make 2 rear wipers out of it cool.png

I cannot remember the name of the model of the wipers but these are the numbers off the invoice I have the rear wipers on there aswell

Bosch H309 1 Bosch AR26U 1 Bosch AR16U

Hope that helps. I do from time to time get a small patch in the middle of the drivers side wiper that doesn’t seem to wipe properly about 2-3cm not all the time but some times on the downwards wipe

4 hours ago, xavierde said:

I cannot remember the name of the model of the wipers but these are the numbers off the invoice I have the rear wipers on there aswell

Bosch H309 1 Bosch AR26U 1 Bosch AR16U

Hope that helps. I do from time to time get a small patch in the middle of the drivers side wiper that doesn’t seem to wipe properly about 2-3cm not all the time but some times on the downwards wipe

Googling reveals those front ones are the aero twin Bosch wipers - they are the same cost as the OE (Denso hybrid) wipers so it's probably just worth buying the Denso ones, I've noticed the drivers side wiper arm is quite heavy and the spring is quite strong so flimsy wipers cannot stand the pressure that's exerted on them and the wiper tip buckles (the approx 6mm wide Lidl ones do) so a more substantial wiper is better. Lidl ones are OK for the rear though as that's a smaller weaker wiper arm and they are OK for the front passenger side, it's just the drivers side that  is the issue.

I had bad luck with wipers, after buying 2  moderatelly priced pairs, one was very noisy, other one was leaving big smudge streaks, i bought the cheapest ones i could find.

Actually, they did not have the ones that fit my car, so i bought same size, removed the rubber, and places them on a carried of old wipers i had.

Weirdly, they worked the best, silent, no streaking.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, furtula said:

I had bad luck with wipers, after buying 2  moderatelly priced pairs, one was very noisy, other one was leaving big smudge streaks, i bought the cheapest ones i could find.

Actually, they did not have the ones that fit my car, so i bought same size, removed the rubber, and places them on a carried of old wipers i had.

Weirdly, they worked the best, silent, no streaking.  

The lidl drivers side wiper has improved as time has passed and now works OK which I find really bizarre, it still doesn't make good contact with the screen towards the passenger side of the screen but somehow improved. I've decided not to cut it up as planned and have put it back in the box and will use for emergencies. 

I ordered some rubber refills for the Denso wipers (you need 8mm ones by the way) and have nicely cleaned the screen and will test them out and post a review in a couple of weeks. They were a bit of a bugger to fit into the wiper, the metal rods kept falling out, not fitting in, then other one fell out etc, but eventually got them in. I'll let them bed in for a few weeks and see how they are. So if you still have a pair of the OEM wipers, don't throw them away.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links