Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse gear is not working after driving with stage 2 performance clutch

Eric619

Hi guys,

My clutch was really finished before which made me unable to drive because it was so worn down the car wouldn’t even move when the car was put into gear, I had recently bought a stage 2 performance clutch for my t sport and fitted it in yesterday which was a really big difference such as the clutch would feel stiff but at the same time lift up quickly and acceleration wise it is a lot more quicker but after driving the car around, it seems that the car would not go into reverse as if something was blocking it and there was nothing wrong with my gears before, I believe that something needs adjusting or something to do with the Stage 2 Clutch kit that put in yesterday. 

Thanks for the help..

20 minutes ago, Eric619 said:

Hi guys,

My clutch was really finished before which made me unable to drive because it was so worn down the car wouldn’t even move when the car was put into gear, I had recently bought a stage 2 performance clutch for my t sport and fitted it in yesterday which was a really big difference such as the clutch would feel stiff but at the same time lift up quickly and acceleration wise it is a lot more quicker but after driving the car around, it seems that the car would not go into reverse as if something was blocking it and there was nothing wrong with my gears before, I believe that something needs adjusting or something to do with the Stage 2 Clutch kit that put in yesterday. 

Thanks for the help..

Just wondering if the clutch is dragging ever so slightly, even fully pressed. This could cause an issue with not being able to engage reverse.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the gear linkages that needed adjusting thanks for the help

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting back your fix!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links