Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear hub bearing

sproutdreamer

Along with replacing the rear springs, sorting out the ABS issue I am wondering if the rear hub bearing is right. It does not feel rough but if I try and spin it by the studs, no drum or wheel on, it feels quite stiff  and if I give try to give it a good spin it stop immediately.  Does that seem right?

No. Check brakes.. Binding due to lack of lubrication on the brake pivots/etc is common on rear brakes. Is the disk showing signs of ridges, rust or uneven wear ?  If yes, then resolve that first. Does the handbrake work smoothly? If no , resolve that first.

Edit Just realised yaris has rear drum brakes. So could be maladjusted - cable tightened to pass MOT instead of drums off and check..  Usually brakes in drums seize through neglect..

Worship manual shows rear brakes can be discs or drums. Cars with rear discs have bigger front discs according to ECP. OP has T-Spirit so I imagine that would have rear discs rather than drums.

IIRC, none of the Mk1 and Mk2 Yaris models came with rear disc brakes as standard; I think you only got them if you got the stability pack or whatever it's called, which added rear discs and VSC (i.e. Traction control).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links