Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Corolla 1.8 T Sport heating issue

BenIps93

Hi All,

Relatively new to Toyota ownership (got it 3-4 months ago for a bargain), all in all been very impressed with how the car runs & drives, lift engages properly, no knocks or bangs, especially for how cheap I got it for (could definitely do with being slightly lowered ((anyone know somewhere that sells TTE lowering springs??)) and a couple of other minor bits). Only issue i really have is that the heating does not work at all. Constant blows slightly above outside temp air (which is rather cold at the moment!). Had a new thermostat, head gasket all ok, system has been flushed and checked for air leaks - all ok, all coolant levels etc topped up. I've had it running for around an hour, took it for a 20mile drive and the heat does not change.

Has anyone else had this issue? And is there an easy fix?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

You want to look at the post just previous to yours, he's having the same problem, though would  seem he has covered all the points already.

You need to check if the heater control flap is operating correctly  and the heater valve if fitted.

If ok , disconnect the two rubber pipes going though the bulkhead to the heater matrix and see if you can  get any flow though it.

If its blocked search the forum as there are threads on how folk have unblocked or replaced the matrix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, BenIps93 said:

Hi All,

Relatively new to Toyota ownership (got it 3-4 months ago for a bargain), all in all been very impressed with how the car runs & drives, lift engages properly, no knocks or bangs, especially for how cheap I got it for (could definitely do with being slightly lowered ((anyone know somewhere that sells TTE lowering springs??)) and a couple of other minor bits). Only issue i really have is that the heating does not work at all. Constant blows slightly above outside temp air (which is rather cold at the moment!). Had a new thermostat, head gasket all ok, system has been flushed and checked for air leaks - all ok, all coolant levels etc topped up. I've had it running for around an hour, took it for a 20mile drive and the heat does not change.

Has anyone else had this issue? And is there an easy fix?

Cheers,

Ben

The heater matrix does get blocked on these cars.  It is possible to flush with the matrix in place, up from the passenger side but most people recommend taking the matrix out and trying to flush and clean.  If still doesn't work get another matrix and replace.  They can also be a pita to get airlocks out of the system when everything is back together.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links