Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ Rear cross member

Richard13373

Hello,

We are looking for a complete rear cross member for a 2010 Toyota IQ with the rear drums and brake shoe set up. Can anyone point us in the right direction? Are these standard on any of the UK cars? As i've seen them on Japanese models (In Japan). A long story short, we have an IQ which is going into the F1000 series and 13" wheels are required and they won't clear our rear calipers.

Open to any solutions.

Thanks, Richard

Checking back through all the info I can find I'm 99.9% certain that all UK IQ had rear discs & pads

All Toyota iQ's came with discs & pads all round however the Scion iQ (US version) and possible other countries too have brake shoes and pads - probably unlikely you'll find one in the UK but might be worth having a word with your local dealer to confirm - I'm sure if you can hook up with a Scion iQ owner, they'd happily upgrade to disc brakes but here's a link to the US forum http://www.iq-forums.com/ 

...hope this helps and keep us posted :)

My 2010 IQ3 has drums at the back - nearly ordered a “disc all round kit” from eBay by mistake...

Many thanks for the comments so far.

I too have heard the IQ3 for a certain few years had this drum set up in the UK but finding One is difficult. Very strange with it being the 1.33 model and having more power to be spec'd without rear calipers and disc's..

My  2009 iq3 has drums at the rear never understood why,

makes no sense.

The current petrol Yaris (1.0 and 1.5) has rear drum brakes according to the brochure - hybrids having rear discs.

I bought my 59 plate IQ3 from new and I am pleased to say it has rear discs. I did notice though that when I took an IQ3 for a test drive before this the one I took had drums which was a disappointment to me. Never the less I do not think it is a big issue. Your front wheels do most of the breaking. I was advised a few years back at a service to have my front pads replaced (I think it may have been font discs too - I cannot remember) and I took that advice. I have never been advised to replace the rear ones though and the car has done more than 60,000 miles!

Would anyone with an IQ3 with the rear drum and shoe set up be tempted for a swap with our disc and pad design?