Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About avensis 2 diesel engines .

Martiga

Hello after two months looking for petrol avensis i failed , in our country are not normal petrol cars only diesel  , so i want you to ask wich of diesel avensis has the best engine with less problems , so far i know that the 2.2d had problems with fuel injectors , and they are very expensive  , and 2.0d had problems with blown head gaskets , so wich diesel engine ?

Both the 2.0 litre and the 2.2 litre versions of the AD series diesel engine could suffer the oil consumption/head gasket issues - though it is thought it was only a small percentage. See 

1CD-FTV as long as you change the belt at specified intervals. It also has no DPF (of course this also means that it fails modern pollution standards iirc it's Euro III or IV ).  If you are looking at a T25 this limits you to the original (pre-facelift) T25.

The 1AD & 2AD diesels don't have problems with injectors but a small % of those produced pre-February 2009 can develop head/head-gasket problems.

Hi Martin, 

I have owned a 2006 2ADFTV for 7 years, put 90k miles on it. Main expenditures for me has been the lower arm wishbones which cost £400 from dealership. In 2016 I had to spend £400 on an alternator and a Battery. But that's it, still on original exhaust and clutch. 

I wouldn't be put off by the 2.2 diesel, my advice would be pick one with above average mileage, as cars used around town suffer from EGR problems, and make sure it has full service history, ideally the owner will have kept receipts to back the stamps in the service book.

let me know what you decide to buy.

Matt

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links