Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio wiring 107

Sbackhouse

Please help, someone screwed up the wiring loom for the radio. I am trying to install an aftermarket radio. I will have to solder and cover the wiring as it has been cut but I cannot seem to get it working! - there is no point in getting an ISO adapter as the wires are already cut
What I need to know is what colour wire is what? and as I have the ISO adapter thing that came with the radio I can just solder and cover up these connections.
Thanks for your help!

please see for photos http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/107-32/107-radio-wiring-313457-new/#/topics/313457

Hi Simon. I feel your pain, since there is no need to cut wires for a long time. You probably know that adaptor cables have been available for a very long time. Toyota cable is PC2-17-4. 

It looks like you you need to sought out the power and earth cables. There are only four cables in your photos. Obviously the speaker cables have been connected directly to the radio. 

Get a multimeter, paper and pen to note what each wire does or labels. 

Brown = Earth   Keep this away from the other wires or you will have a short circuit! 

The others can be tested using a multimeter. Connect the meter black cable to the earth wire, then set the meter to volts. Then with the key off, test the other wires. Only one should give a reading - this is the permanent memory wire.  

Next test is to determine live with key in acc mode. 

The final wire may be illumination - turn the lights on and off. The meter will respond to confirm. If not it may be mute!

I could not find the right colour coding for your car, but this is the simple elimination.

Thanks for the reply. Will have to get a multimeter out from somewhere, great info thanks. If anyone has a shortcut to the colours let me know before I buy a multimeter

According to the Haynes manual for an Aygo;

Gray is the switched 12v  (via F11 in the speedo fuse box)

Sky Blue is the permanent 12v  (via F7 in the engine fuse box) 

Green is to do with the  illumination  (via F4 in the speedo fuse box)

and Brown is as Konrad mention,  the Earth.

LH speaker is Light Green and Blue  with  Pink and Violet for the the RH speaker. I'll guess that these will be for the dash Speakers.  No mention of rear Speakers.

Still best to use a multimeter though to prove your car is the same. Nothing exotic required, something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Multimeter-Tacklife-Electronic-Continuity/dp/B01MXRW771   would do.   Maplins, Argos and Halfords all have cheap multimeters as well. 

Might be able to get a multimeter cheap!y from Maplins in their closing down sale - have gone into administration.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links