Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Caldina gt-t 2nd gear issue

Quickshift123

2nd gear issue 1998 gt-t caldina

Hey there guys, First time poster here. For the last 3 weeks i have been the proud owner of a 1998 caldina gt-t. Today I had some issue with changing into second. I realised I was in the wrong lane at a set of lights in town so as it went green i gave it abit of a launch, changed lanes, and shifted into second as i normally would. Although this time there was a sort of a "mush" into gear as opposed to the standard light clunk. As i put my foot on the gas i noticed the gear wasnt engaged and i was just revving in nuetral. Thinking I had just miss-shifted i went to shift properly into second gear but the shifter was already in position. I panicked slightly thinking i had lost the gear entirely, but after my rpm had dropped to about 3000 i noticed i was actually in gear and the car was functioning properly. Very confused i drove around town for abit, trialling the shifter, and i seem to have the same problem every time i try to go from 1st to 2nd at anywhere above around 45000rpm. Have absolutely loved this car for every moment I have owned it and this has me a little on edge so any help with a diagnosis would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Check your oil, and hope that that's it. If not, check the shift linkage, or the fork shift or shaft; hopefully it doesn't come to that though. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links