Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 2.0 diesel rattling engine.

revband

I now unfortunately own a 2015 model with the 2.0 BMW diesel engine, my current problem is, sometimes a short time after starting from cold the engine makes a VERY LOUD metallic graunching rattling noise so loud it is alarming, this stops as quick as it starts after around a minute, the car has been in to the dealer twice for this, first time they said it needed a software update to adjust the timing chain, this time they say they can't find anything wrong.

Anyone else had a similar problem or have any idea of the fault?, Devon Aygo perhaps?.

make sure the power plocks on the engine management console are locked down tight .

Hi

Thanks for your advice, this is a very loud metallic noise were parts are protesting noisily, so loud anyone stood 20-30 feet away would turn to find out what was causing such a row.

When it disappears all is normal again, unfortunately at the moment Toyota won't let the dealer start stripping it to look for the cause, they now want me to try and record it to send to Toyota to persuade them, computer says no fault so obviously that means everything is ok.  NOT.

I had a similar noise from my 2012 avensis justb after starting and then it would go on rev up. looking into the engine bay and behind the Battery threr is a grey metal box with two lock down plugs I took them off and back on and locked down noise was gone.

Hi

Thanks again, but this is more than a vibration problem. 

My personal opinion is that there may be  a bearing seizing or a hydraulic fault on the timing chain tensioner but it won't be the first time I have been wrong.

When it happens it sounds like the engine is trying to destroy itself. Very worrying.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links