Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Plan

Steve Whits

Before taking out a service plan for the Yaris Hybrid can I just ask if anyone has had any good deals and what they got please? I got my Auris Hybrid 3rd 4th and 5th service for £699.60 which also included 3 free MOT's.

Couple of things to consider:

1. As regards the 5th service (and subsequent services), one could consider using Toyota's Essential Care service scheme once the car is over five years old, which offers lower cost servicing yet still satisfies the service requirements of the extended warranty if you have decided on taking one out.

Costs currently £110 for the silver (equivalent to Intermediate) and £190 for the gold (equivalent to Full) - as opposed to £165 and £295.

Would have thought the Essential Care servicing could be included in a service plan.

2. Some dealers also provide discounts on parts and labour if a service plan is taken out - mine provides 10% discount on both. Could be useful in case of repairs, etc needed which aren't covered by warranty/extended warranty.

• Like 1

Got a service plan with our Yaris Hybrid (2017) to include the 1st, 2nd & 3rd-year services and its 1st MOT for a total of £635.77 after 2 discounts had been applied. We actually paid £416.82 for it as we had a refund (amounting to the 3rd year service cost) from the previous car's service plan that was traded in early.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I hadn’t thought of doing the essential for the 5th service so will discuss it with them.

They will only do a service plan for 2 years if I choose the Essential for the 5th service. They will discount it slightly and also provide 2 free MOT's.  They have also confirmed 10% discount off all parts and labour for non warranty work.

If you go for that option, come the time for the 5th service, check whether Toyota have any servicing offers. For example currently Toyota are offering the Essential Care Silver service and MOT for £99.

• Like 1

Been quoted £447 for the 2 services including 2 free mot’s for pay monthly or £435 paid as a lump sum so just pondering which one to take. Probably go monthly tbh 

The benefit of monthly is that if you sell the car or it's written off etc you simply stop the payments.  For a £12 difference I'd pay monthly.

• Like 1

I found paying monthly very useful as before I had my present vehicle I had a Nissan note and took out a 3yr service plan, last year decided to change vehicle and stopped the plan and got some money back as the services were within the monies paid.

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links