Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel consumption readings.

Chris Dance

Driving to and from North Wales last week end in our Gen 4. The head up display showed 68.5 MPG on the journey there and back. On stopping the car and looking at the report on how I had driven it stated  consumption was 74.5 MPG. What is the reason for these two different MPG readings?

Driving tip: If possible avoid M6 motorway at all costs; major delays due to work making it a smart motorway.  Work continues until March 2019.Took over five hours for a 4 hour out going journey.  Six and half hours return journey.

Not sure if it's the same on the gen 4, but the trip report shows your fuel economy just for that journey, whereas when driving, the trip computer will show the average from whenever you last reset that A/B trip counter currently selected.

Thanks for your reply Aaron. Makes sense now.

How did you get the mpg reading on the HUD ?

Sorry should have stated:  MULTI INFORMATION DISPLAY not HUD.

AKA MFD, Multi Function Display. If you flick through the Trip options with the trip button on the steering wheel you'll come across the current journey mpg, I use this most often, only switching to trip A when refuelling to check tank to tank mpg.

• 3 years later...
On 3/13/2018 at 7:37 PM, Chris Dance said:

Driving to and from North Wales last week end in our Gen 4. The head up display showed 68.5 MPG on the journey there and back. On stopping the car and looking at the report on how I had driven it stated  consumption was 74.5 MPG. What is the reason for these two different MPG readings?

Driving tip: If possible avoid M6 motorway at all costs; major delays due to work making it a smart motorway.  Work continues until March 2019.Took over five hours for a 4 hour out going journey.  Six and half hours return journey.

68.5 would be the average of the return journey. 74.5 is the current journey. Ie the last one completed. That includes if you stopped at services it is the mpg for the last journey.