Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water leaks resolved.

scar

Hi all, I now run my daughters aygo 2012 model.(5 door) I found a damp patch in the boot short time back . I sealed around the rear 3rd brake light and thought it cured. Today theres damp in the boot and I am putting that down to the rear light cluster.

Can anyone tell me if Toyota has cured the leak problems. I have heard of redesigned door seats and seals behind the rear bumper.

The question is, is there a model year when the leaks are supposed to be cured by?

Or do the latest models leak in the same way.

comments Wellcome.

Certainly the second generation (2014 onwards) doesn't have issues with leaks.

Thanks Frosty, I've being doing a bit home work. The 2014 models onward  (2nd generation ?) would I thought gone some way to sorting the water leak problems.

Toyota have had plenty time to redesign the offending parts and hopefully would have incorporated them into the 2014 2nd gen. update.

Comments by owners of those 2014 onward cars welcomed. Even if its just to say "mine doesn't leak"

Steve

Mine doesn't leak.

My 2016 Aygo has no water infiltration.

It was one a frequent issue and it was truly inacceptable (some people had a puddle of water), so I guess Toyota found a solution.

Still, when the weather is wet and the car is parked outside, I noticed some moisture in my Aygo mk2, which I also observed in my former mk1.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links