Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cost of Garage Repairs

sproutdreamer

I have just spent a few days grovelling in the cold replacing some Yaris suspension parts and cleaning out an ABS sensor. I console myself with the thought I am saving money but also my experiences with garages have not been good and I think I have done the work competently. In discussion with my wife I speculated an amout I thought a garage would charge, not a main dealer. We did not agree on this so I wonder if forumites could estimate what a garage would charge for these repairs parts and labour as she thinks I am totally out of touch.

Supply and replace rear springs

Supply and replace rear shock absorbers

Supply and fit rear brake shoes

Supply and replace front springs

Remove and clean N/S front ABS sensor including drill out and retap securing bolt (broke despite liberal penetrating oil over several days and care tryingnot to break it)

I will be interested in the figures

keith

Not sure if this helps or not but a front shock absorber I had replaced on my Corolla TSport back around  2006/7  cost about £120 all in parts and labour at a main dealer. A recent front brake caliper replacement on our ancient 2003 Corolla cost £220 ish at a local independent garage (not to dissimilar price was quoted by quickfit) although the independents included new pads and fluid change.

A friend had a rear spring replaced on a 2008 Fiesta last year and that was around £150 ish as I recall. That was a main Ford dealer.

All these jobs will have listed times to complete them and the garage base their price on that largely plus cost of parts and markup.

Thanks Mooly - because I never deal with garages apart from MOT I have no idea about cost of repairs

If you ring a local garage up, they'll be happy to give you a quote for the work, you'll just need to supply your reg so they can calculate part prices though it's mainly about the labour :)

3 hours ago, MRichards said:

If you ring a local garage up, they'll be happy to give you a quote for the work, you'll just need to supply your reg so they can calculate part prices though it's mainly about the labour :)

I do not think it fair to waste a garage's time by asking for a quote when I have already done the work. On here however knowing lots are very aware of garage prices for all types of work I was hoping to resolve a difference of opinion.