Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Internal lighting.

diverdave

I have just watched a video on YouTube from PrecisionLED  about changing all of the internal lights and the reversing light to LED lights on the Gen 4 Prius, and it looks reasonably straight forward and the result looks really good. Has anyone done this or know where to get the kit to do it ? https://goo.gl/L1VDuR
Not sure if the link works, but this is the title on YouTube.

Toyota Prius LED Interior How To Install - 4th Gen 2016+

I previously changed the internal lights to LED on an Avensis, not hard & I doubt that a Prius differs much.

It is unlikely that changing the reversing light to LED will be road legal in the UK & the  MOT from 2018 will include the reversing light(s).

Hi Scott,

Why would changing the reversing lights to LED be illegal in the UK ?

I have changed all my interior lights to LED and it makes a huge difference.

I would like to change my indicators to LED, but as far as I am aware there are no road legal replacement LED bulbs for external lighting on the market in the UK.  All the ones you see on eBay/Amazon etc do not have the right type approvals and are therefore illegal for road use.  Even ones you see in Halfords will say not legal for on road use or show use only or words similar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diverdave said:

Hi Scott,

Why would changing the reversing lights to LED be illegal in the UK ?

As Stephen said it is down to certification. The only LEDs afaik that are currently legal for road use in the UK are those where the complete bulb & light unit have been designed/tested together (either as part of a new car or as a complete aftermarket replacement unit).

Because LEDs output light differently they often output a different beam pattern from existing reflectors. Manufacturers like Osram & Philips aim to develop LED bulbs that will be straight swaps for existing bulbs but have not yet managed.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links