Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loving the Previa

Niall Mac

Loving the 2006 T3 D4D Previa.

Have it now 2 weeks and is a great bus. We'll never need another MPV again. If it requires work, it'll get it.. 

Normally we'd change every year or year and a half. But this has impressed me bar the yerning for a 6th gear. Only thing that would make my review 100% is 8f it had a 6th gear

Is it possible to put in the Avensis 2.2 d4d engine and gear box ?? This would make it gold for me.. 

I'e added the tinted windows, tinted sunstrip and tinted wind Deflectors, next a nice set of wheels and media headunit. Can't find the estima body kit anywhere so will keep my eyes open. I'm in Northern Ireland. These vehicles are very thin on the ground here. 

20180315_170533.jpg

20180315_170524.jpg

20180308_115556.jpg

20180308_115544.jpg

20180308_115531.jpg

Great vehicle.

I've a 2006 Mk3 with a CVT gearbox. Can travel at around 75mph with 2000 revs. Used to own a Mk1 and that also needed an extra gear. Great vehicle which is why I upgraded. Very happy.

• Like 1

Nicer...and we are not exactly tripping over Previas/Estimas here either...lol.

They are a great vehicle though.

My imported V6 Estima had all the bells and whistles already on it when I bought it, though I did put in a new head unit.

I think you'd be best served by enjoying what you have rather than thinking about an engine/gearbox change...my guess is that the cost would make yer eyes water.!!

• Like 1

Just waiting on the tinted hood deflector now to come from Russia. Was posted yesterday 

20180313_222725.png

Looked at those last  year...around £70/80 IIRC...but in the end decided against.

Let us know how it looks/fits when you get it.

• 1 year later...

Did you find out anything about the Avensis engine / gearbox?.. my gearbox has gone and trying to find a decent replacement Previa one is hard.. but there are more Avensis available..