Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Identifying the speaker cables for rear speaker installation

gregoory

Hi all

My Auris( Japanese brand) did not come with the Speakers attached to rear just the front left and front right.

After changing the head unit to one from pioneer I recognize that the rear speaker cables are physically there on the connector.

However Upon opening the left door panel I am at a lost to which are the rear Speakers cables originally seen on the head unit.

Here are some pics of the colors seen

058a1d531665c7d00e54fcc367f482da.jpg

55b1b6e2c5a08f5ff25e80fa939b1b97.jpg

How do I find the wires I would have seen on the head unit so I can install rear Speakers.

These are the wires on the head unit for the rear speakers

fabfeddce0674ce395f297d5db400730.jpg

Looking for some help here !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black and yellow - rear left, red and white - rear right, same as all Toyotas. Identify these wires inside the B pillar and route new wires through grommet for new installed Speakers.

Inside the B-pillar ?? Please explain further or send pics. Taking on this challenge for the first time.

Thanks again !

2014 Auris-S

Mine (2008) has a connector inside the B pillar, there are wires for rear Speakers, central locking and electric windows; inside the door I didn't have any wire for Speakers, fitted new ones. Yours I don't know where the Speakers wiring from player ends. I'm sure that you'll find them.

Most of the Auris owners on the forum will have European built Auris, which may be different to your, presumably Japanese built, Auris.

Mine (2008) has a connector inside the B pillar, there are wires for rear speakers, central locking and electric windows; inside the door I didn't have any wire for speakers, fitted new ones. Yours I don't know where the speakers wiring from player ends. I'm sure that you'll find them.

Will keep you posted after I am able to remove !!

Thanks

2014 Auris-S

Here are some pics of the left side harness connector after removing the B-pillar

Need some help with removing the harness connector. Been at it for a while and still no luck!!

I assume the black and yellow wire closes to the bottom are the speaker wires I need to tap into.

4514452989090ee1448d6c10ffd5b883.jpg

8d156fccbe7869da352e7779dddcc02c.jpg

2014 Auris-S

Tap the wires and route them through two empty  connector holes.

Tap the wires and route them through two empty  connector holes.

Trying to remove the connector. Don’t know how to that’s why.

2014 Auris-S

With a flat screwdriver press a capture in the middle of connector then take connectors apart.

B pillar connector remains in its place, and other one in your hand.

Ok connector finally open. Now the next task will be the running of the cables through this connector.

See the pics of the connector below.

Maybe I will have to pull the black and yellow wires from the male connector and then drill the holes in both the female and male However the space seems very small in regards to drilling holes that would not destroy the other pins.

93fae09420658435855823322caf7d45.jpg

25ecef3f2d29c40b625a2b090a1b3f00.jpg

2014 Auris-S

Ok so I made a small slot in the side of the connector ( finally got the idea of how this connector works ) ran my wires to the speaker (door frame) through the grommet and spliced into the wires in the pillar

Here is a picture of the final speaker installation. I forgot to take a picture of the pillar connector and how the wires were soldered and tapped.
e6aea6c0b24832b28f88241cffd6fb71.jpg

2014 Auris-S

• Like 1