Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ3 1.33 Coolant

Jikky

Hi all,a silly!quick question,Ive noticed today my iq has the green temperature light come on on the dash,ive looked and my coolant level is on low(was serviced by toyota 600miles ago,and obviously was overlooked) as I have no visable leaks,the thing I would like to know,apart from the £15 a litre genuine toyota coolant is there another pink coolant I can safely use to top up with,thanks in advance.

If your car is 2009 it will be due a coolant change (10 years). That's if it hasn't been done already. Be careful mixing any with a different life!!

The green coolant temperature light comes on and stays lit until the engine has warmed up. This is normal and it will stay on for the first couple of miles.

1 hour ago, dave hendy said:

If your car is 2009 it will be due a coolant change (10 years).

As it is a 2009 car, the coolant change which is due at 10 years/100,000 miles, won't need to be done til 2019, unless the car has already reached the mileage limit.

Thanks for all the replies,topped up with toyota coolant and all seems fine!will change coolant next service

On 20/03/2018 at 8:03 AM, dash said:

The green coolant temperature light comes on and stays lit until the engine has warmed up. This is normal and it will stay on for the first couple of miles.

Thanks for that,ive only had the car a week,slowly getting my head around it!!