Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ3 1.33 dash cam how to

Jikky

Hi all again!,would anybody possibly know the best way to run the power cable for an apeman dash cam from the top of the screen down the door pillars,or are there any guides available to do this job,cheers again

I've fitted a dash cam to my IQ2 - even though the power for the mirror is probably just where you'd fit your cam however it's tricky to get to that wiring. I took power from the 12v charging socket via parallel circuit using a flat speaker cable, ran it behind the dash and up the door pillar, trim literally just unclips with a bit of force. Advantage of using a flat cable is it can easily be tucked inside the headlining without it showing.

Pop out the interior light if there's a power box and glue or wrap it in padding it in to avoid rattling also means you can only have the minimum amount of cable dangling down. I've positioned my dash cam so it's behind the LH side of the interior mirror so I can't see it and it doesn't distract me from my driving position and best part is it doesn't affect the light sensor on the back of the mirror for your auto-headlights. I will upload photos tomorrow.

22 hours ago, iq_london said:

I've fitted a dash cam to my IQ2 - even though the power for the mirror is probably just where you'd fit your cam however it's tricky to get to that wiring. I took power from the 12v charging socket via parallel circuit using a flat speaker cable, ran it behind the dash and up the door pillar, trim literally just unclips with a bit of force. Advantage of using a flat cable is it can easily be tucked inside the headlining without it showing.

Pop out the interior light if there's a power box and glue or wrap it in padding it in to avoid rattling also means you can only have the minimum amount of cable dangling down. I've positioned my dash cam so it's behind the LH side of the interior mirror so I can't see it and it doesn't distract me from my driving position and best part is it doesn't affect the light sensor on the back of the mirror for your auto-headlights. I will upload photos tomorrow.

Hi Ben,went out and did it today,took 15 minutes!!! easyest one ive done by far!,ran the standard  cable along the top of the screen across and down the back of the rubber in the door pillar and thru the front panel where glove  bag clips on, then out to the cigarette socket ,the only visible cable is near the cigarette socket(barely noticeable 2 inches)

On 21/03/2018 at 7:52 PM, Jikky said:

Hi Ben,went out and did it today,took 15 minutes!!! easyest one ive done by far!,ran the standard  cable along the top of the screen across and down the back of the rubber in the door pillar and thru the front panel where glove  bag clips on, then out to the cigarette socket ,the only visible cable is near the cigarette socket(barely noticeable 2 inches)

5ab53caada4af_DASHCAM(2).thumb.jpg.772c59642e440d74f991085720ba3ac9.jpg5ab53ca098bd1_DASHCAM(1).thumb.jpg.d4b57d9f01386e1689c46bb9da772e77.jpg5ab53c95a2c35_DASHCAM(3).thumb.jpg.52afe0959a74fd63426d0e5df19c940d.jpg5ab53c8ad5b08_DASHCAM(4).thumb.jpg.cd8d468b2a9c26c6ee95ad3d2a5f5dab.jpg

• 7 months later...

You can also take the power from the 12v cigarette socket via the fusebox in the passenger footwell. Means you won't have a cable hanging out and anyone accidently pulling on it. Although you have to remember to use an add-a-fuse adaptor with low profile mini fuses instead of the big European style ones.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:18 PM, Kansai-R said:

You can also take the power from the 12v cigarette socket via the fusebox in the passenger footwell. Means you won't have a cable hanging out and anyone accidently pulling on it. Although you have to remember to use an add-a-fuse adaptor with low profile mini fuses instead of the big European style ones.

Hi,yes I have done that now(hardwired),ive replaced the Dashcam with a qvia ar790 as its got timelapse recording in parking mode,the street i live in has a lot of drunk idiots coming past in the early hours,  ive had my roof keyed and a mirror snapped off in the last 4 months which amounts to £1300 in damage,so a good sharp photo of the scumbags wont go amiss when the police say theres nothing they can do about it again!

On 10/29/2018 at 4:40 PM, Jikky said:

Hi,yes I have done that now(hardwired),ive replaced the dashcam with a qvia ar790 as its got timelapse recording in parking mode,the street i live in has a lot of drunk idiots coming past in the early hours,  ive had my roof keyed and a mirror snapped off in the last 4 months which amounts to £1300 in damage,so a good sharp photo of the scumbags wont go amiss when the police say theres nothing they can do about it again!

Ah, does it include a module to hardwire to the car Battery and stops power when the Battery voltage drops too low? or does it only record periodically.

5 hours ago, Kansai-R said:

Ah, does it include a module to hardwire to the car battery and stops power when the battery voltage drops too low? or does it only record periodically.

Yes it has Built In Low Voltage Cut Off Function.

https://lukashd.co.uk/product/qvia-ar790-wd-2ch-dash-camera/