Do Not Sell My Personal Information

16 v 17 Yaris

catnash

Hi.  Times coming for a 2nd Toyota.  Anyone who has the the latest Yaris versus the previous version, differences in ride,noise and quality.  Looking at Design spec and bove and the 1.5 engine as compared to the 1.33.  Prior to seeing a few.

Hi Catnash, we've just upgraded from a 15 MY. Icon Tech to 17 MY. As far as running use it seems very much the same. A few body upgrades, and the info panel has more inputs, and looks good. We gained Cruise Control and DAB Radio but lost Sat Nav (expensive retro fit)..:biggrin:

55 minutes ago, Bomber209 said:

we've just upgraded from a 15 MY. Icon Tech to 17

Does your profile need upgrading as well.

Have read the major revisions were mainly for the hybrid.   All the best prices are for PCP deals.

Trouble they don't give the same discount when you already have the cash

Cash doesn't provide any incentive for the dealership - they earn more money from arranging finance, and this is regardless of vehicle marque.

Yes the society we live in with regards to PCP deals,. Have heard you can pay off after 1 payment.

Hi again, Profile updated :angel_not:  I had to take out finance to get £1k off my Land Rover. I paid it off as soon as paperwork came through. Still only cost me 1 month interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Still deciding between the new design v a used excel.  the design seems to have rear discs and the excel has drums.

Nowt wrong with dums.:laugh:

The front (disc) brakes do most of the stopping work anyway.

• Like 1

I know just odd for one model to have them.  Deciding what I can live with and without on the car.  

• 2 weeks later...

99% sure I'm going for a  standard white Design,  going through Carwow and a dealer that's not too far away.  Although the design has manual rear windows will give the kids exercise.  Do like the visual look of the design and esp the rear disks.  Cant get to the dealers yet to negotiate the P-ex price as on house arrest due to a ear op last friday...

The PCP deal offers a contribution of £1500 and 0%, however have to watch that the total price less discount etc is worth it otherwise I will pay it off after the first payment.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've only gone and done it, placed an order for a new build 18 Plate Yaris design 1.5 in pure white.  Toyota didn't have any ready built ones so have a wait of about 4 weeks.  Got a good price,  as well as the £1500 Toyota incentive and 0% interest so the total price is great.  My wife is having the Auris Touring sport.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does the old x-front bi-tone have the same improvements as the new non-x front bi-tone?

Not sure, I have heard the hybrid had even more improvements to the suspension and ? Noise suppression.  I wanted pure white as it's much easier to paint stone chips.  My Auris is pearl white and though I can get s close match it's not quite as easy.  I think the bi-tone when white pearl only.

5 hours ago, exim said:

Does the old x-front bi-tone have the same improvements as the new non-x front bi-tone?

The previous model doesn't have the suspension improvements, the improved interior, or the 1.5 petrol engine (essentially a re-worked 1.33). See http://blog.toyota.co.uk/10-reasons-why-2017-toyota-yaris-is-best-yet

On 09/04/2018 at 9:38 AM, mrpj said:

Nowt wrong with dums.:laugh:

The front (disc) brakes do most of the stopping work anyway.

and they dont lock on when parked in the rain for a few days

• 1 month later...

Well the car arrived in the UK last week,  paperwork for the deal signed and sent.  ?delivery to the dealer on the 3rd July or earlier.  so if anyone sees a transporter on the M4 with a White yaris then thats mine.  Have asked the dealer not to hand wash it and I can do all the prep myself.  wonder where they store it after france.  Have ordered the rhino boot liner and rear seat covers in red and using my current black ones for the front seats.  Ive also got a protecting film for the front part of the bonnet.

24 minutes ago, catnash said:

"so if anyone sees a transporter on the M4 with a White yaris then thats mine. "

Someone sent me this picture a day ago.... just cant resist posting sorry, too much of a co-incidence .... apologies in advance :P

Yaris on a transporter....10 of them... white.... :)
L012.jpg

Cheers right then one of them must be mine.....until a closer look revealed they're all bi-tone...

Enjoy your new car soon. I was also looking at getting a new Hybrid design 68 plate for later this year via carwow or drivethedeal. However I noticed from now the co2 emissions for these are 86 or 94mg/km and road tax is £130 a year. So decided not and instead get a 2015/16. 

5 hours ago, 007matt said:

I was also looking at getting a new Hybrid design 68 plate for later this year via carwow or drivethedeal. However I noticed from now the co2 emissions for these are 86 or 94mg/km and road tax is £130 a year. 

because of the new WLTP test replacing NEDC figures.

22 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

because of the new WLTP test replacing NEDC figures.

Indeed.........the new testing is likely to raise CO2 tests by around 10%, here are some facts about the new tests

http://wltpfacts.eu/what-is-wltp-how-will-it-work/

It's very likely Toyota will lose out on a lot of sales of the Yaris hybrid this year in the uk because of the new road tax and emissions standards. I'm in a position to buy new with the 42months interest free PCP which Toyota offer on the Yaris. 

I'm planning to keep the Yaris for 10+ years. Because mainly of the £130 road tax and congestion charge (hardly go in the zone but worth having), no way I'm buying the new Yaris now.