Sign in to follow this  
catnash

16 v 17 Yaris

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, 007matt said:

It's very likely Toyota will lose out on a lot of sales of the Yaris hybrid this year in the uk because of the new road tax and emissions standards. 

I'm planning to keep the Yaris for 10+ years. Because mainly of the £130 road tax and congestion charge (hardly go in the zone but worth having), no way I'm buying the new Yaris now. 

The current generation Yaris is an old design now, dating back to 2011. A new 1.5 hybrid engine will be being produced by Toyota Poland from 2020, which will certainly feature in the fourth generation Yaris.

Don't assume that the VED rates pre-April 2017 will remain static - they are as likely to be changed as the post April 2017 rates (which have already been upped for some cars in 2018), so what is currently zero rated VED may change in the future

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 007matt said:

It's very likely Toyota will lose out on a lot of sales of the Yaris hybrid this year in the uk because of the new road tax and emissions standards.

all the other manufacturers are going to be in the same position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the govt realised that they are not collecting enough VED as there are many £0-£30 cars about. Just a great excuse to have with the world trying to cut emissions so they can bring different rules into play. 

Do understand they can and will fiddle whenever they need to bring more dough through new VED rules. Hoping they won't do it for 5 years or so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 007matt said:

I think the govt realised that they are not collecting enough VED as there are many £0-£30 cars about. Just a great excuse to have with the world trying to cut emissions so they can bring different rules into play. 

Do understand they can and will fiddle whenever they need to bring more dough through new VED rules. Hoping they won't do it for 5 years or so!

This is a WORLDWIDE Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure, nothing to do with our Government getting more revenue, although that will be something that changes with the wind knowing how our Government operate 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

This is a WORLDWIDE Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure, nothing to do with our Government getting more revenue, although that will be something that changes with the wind knowing how our Government operate 😉 

The test is worldwide - how individual governments use that information to adjust/set vehicle taxation is a local matter. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll I picked it up.  Looks very nice, however I had asked the dealer not to lift the car up on the cill seams as my Auris was by a wheel refurbisher.  Guess what.... annoyed as I had asked for them not to.  At least they followed my instructions to leave the outside paint untouched.  Got to take it back now.  Not sure my options.  Oh well.  What would you lot do?

Otherwise it's a nice looking car.  Drives nice.  Getting used to it after the Auris.  Have a few things to fit and a full decontamination and a wax.  Then I'll post more pics.  

IMG_20180704_185931672.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like they picked it up with a fork lift truck, just brush some paint on it, it will get damaged their again anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, monkeydave said:

looks like they picked it up with a fork lift truck, just brush some paint on it, it will get damaged their again anyway

Yes its annoying as someone who tries to be carefull with correct lifting this has taken the shine off a new car.  I do want to know if it was the garage as I did ask them not to do it and they promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now in discussion with the dealer principal about options, Toyota are involved, will wait to see what they say tomorrow.  Oh well, car goes nice.  Stereo is good.  I could easily say a replacement vehicle but I'm willing to compromise, just got to word it correctly.  They want a body shop repair.  But I have seen some rubbish repairs on a few cars in my past where none of them were my fault.  What would the collective here do?

IMG_20180711_190241354.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, catnash said:

Well now in discussion with the dealer principal about options, Toyota are involved, will wait to see what they say tomorrow.  Oh well, car goes nice.  Stereo is good.  I could easily say a replacement vehicle but I'm willing to compromise, just got to word it correctly.  They want a body shop repair.  But I have seen some rubbish repairs on a few cars in my past where none of them were my fault.  What would the collective here do?

IMG_20180711_190241354.jpg

Just awaiting the dealer to contact me .  They still want me to take it to get a respray.  Toyota are pushing for a goodwill from the dealer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an Email from Toyota about a new offer on the Yaris. It seems that the  Icon now comes with front parking sensors and Sat Nav.

However the finance contribution on P.C.P. is now £1250 and not the previous £1500. So its a £250 price increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bemused2 said:

Got an Email from Toyota about a new offer on the Yaris. It seems that the  Icon now comes with front parking sensors and Sat Nav.

However the finance contribution on P.C.P. is now £1250 and not the previous £1500. So its a £250 price increase.

is that offer for cash purchases too or just on credit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well its nearly two weeks now and find its very economical,  havent filled it up yet to do a calculation. but it will take me to work and back twice on one gallon I work 14 miles away. Its very nice to drive, didnt go sat nav as it was at the time a £600 option, there is glare from the sun.   The looks are great just about the right size for a small car.  At the moment cant find all season michelin cross climates for it.  whether I'd go winter contacts as Im a recovery nurse practicioner and when on call can be called out at any time regardless of weather. The stereo is superb,  the quality cant be faulted without going for a custom install.  Still annoyed and waiting to see what the dealer says about the damage to the seam,  waiting on some goodwill.  It states in the downloadable manual that it shouldnt be lifted there.  I think I will miss the heated seats as they are nice on the auris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well back in contact with Toyota customer service,. The dealer isn't getting back to me when I ring or email for them to arrange a repair.  I didn't think the area could be fixed that well but after seeing the tailgate issue with a body shop post doesn't fill me with confidence.  I'm giving them one more day to get back in touch.  By Wednesday there'll be a rejection letter in the post.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealer phoned me this morning finally.  Arranging to take it to a body shop approved by Toyota just to maintain the rustproofing.  Anyway he offered 1 free service but I was happy that he agreed for two so that's £460 saved over 2 years.  I can now move on from this.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this